• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seat Question?

SEAFIRE

Our mechanic was at the DRMO / Texas Facilities yard in San Antonio and picked up a few of these air ride seats that he was told might be for a Deuce, when I saw them I told him I didn't think they were for a deuce, A3 or otherwise. The width and bolt holes look real close, the seats also have a air connection. The seats look "low" when you hook air to them they elevate up. The built on seatbelts look like they can be swapped for driver or pass config

If not for a deuce, what are they for?

They have 88 of these brand new for $50 each, pic is of a passenger seat set-up:

Attachments

Last edited:

Clay James

I scored some new in box ones for my 109. Real nice seats and way nicer for rough roads. Since the stock 120PSI is too much I put a regulator on the air connection in the cab and ran a line out to a tee fitting to the seats. Had to drill new holes to mount them. About the biggest seat that can fit in a deuce and they're very heavy. The thing I don't like is unless they are fully inflated they go down overnight.

Attachments

Clay James

I thought that was crazy when I looked at the tag on the box. They never even used them and sold them for next to nothing.

tomcata3

I have five of them installed in my truck, they are made in exton pa
supposedly they are made so if a bomb goes off under truck it won't snap your spine
you have to install an air line and these seats adjust 5 ways, they are nice
I bought 8 of them from OH in nov. of 2011

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a set of two of these seats from a m925 in a scrap yard. I put them in the M915. VERY nice ride now. I had to cut the original seat box down so I could bring the driver side seat up 4in, it was WAY too low at full height. The pass seat I left on the floor.

Very nice upgrade in my opinion, I'm glad I did it.

SEAFIRE

Thanks for the answers, I didn't think they were deuce seats, but we're still going to try to use them.

To those who have PM'd me asking me to get them some seats, the program we are in with the DRMO / Texas Facilites Commission requires us to keep any item we buy there for 6 months to a year before getting rid of it. I know they have auctions that sell to the general public from time to time, because there are those on this forum who have gotten items at them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks