• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seat Sawppin'

SuperchargedRS

I want to swap out the crappy blazer seats for some nice late model leather seats; I found this on another website RE: front seats:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seat swap:
Any new threads asking about seat fitment will be deleted without prejudice. Have a question that’s not covered here? Ask in this post and we will get an answer for you.

What seats will fit?

most GM seats (except beretta) will bolt right in. camaro seats are a simple rail swap, as are cavalier seats. Other seats can be made to work with some fabrication.will those Nissan Pulsar seats work? sure. just be willing to put some time into them. GM seats are by far the easiest to do... the instructions are below.

Second Gen (94-97) seats swapped into first gen (82-93) S-10

If you have an extended cab or 2 door blazer, you will need seats from an extended cab or 2 door blazer. 4 door blazers and standard cab S-10's dont have a slide mechanism to allow access to the rear.

old bucket/split bench to new buckets

first you take out the 4 bolts bolting the seat to the floor, and flip it upside down. then there are 4 (10mm) bolts on the bottom of the seat that hold the tracks on. then you flip the new seat over and take the 4 bolts off those tracks. swap the tracks, put the bolts back in and bolt the seat back into the truck.

bench to bucket swap.

go to local salvage yard. find truck with similar model with buckets. remove rails from bottom of buckets. take them home and do the above.

Second Gen (98-02) seats swapped into first gen (82-93) S-10 or 94-97 second gen

if you absolutly have to have 1998-2000 seats, then it isnt too much harder. you pull your old seat and take off the 4 bolts and remove your tracks. the nuts holding the rails on the new seats are hard to get too. so you start by pulling the upholstry and the foam off, then you can access the 4 nuts to remove the rails. save the nuts, you will need them again. once the rails and hardware are off you need to drill a hole, since the new track is a little bit off. once you drill your 2 holes, use the bolts that came off your original seat and the bolts that came off the new seat and bolt it all down, reapply the upholstry and mount the seats in the truck.

i highly recommend removing the upholstry. it isnt hard to do and it makes your job a lot easier. (that is something else you dont have to do on the 97 and under seats)

97 and under seats in a 98+ S

the rails on the 98 up trucks have the bolts mounted to them. to make an older seat work, you will have to cut that bolt off, drill 2 holes per rail in the position of the holes in the seat, and use the bolts that came with the new seats to secure the rail to the seat. I have never actually done this swap. this is just my suggestion for this problem. If possible, find someone who wants the newer seats in thier older trucks so you can get thier rails to practice on. i already gave mine to someone here for this purpose

--------------------------------END---------------------------------

N O W, what I can’t find is what LATE model REAR seat I can swap into an 86' CUCV???

So let’s help lower the pleather population eh?

Thanks,
-SuperchargedRS

mcne2026

The way I read it, that article does not talk about what will work with the CUCV. The way I read it, it was talking about S10 and not K5 Blazers.

wyliek

why swap the whole seat? just take the hinge off and put a recliner on their. its 5 bolts on each side. My seats are the most comfortable car seats ive ever drove in!

mangus580

I agree with wylie... if you do a search, you will find my post about it. I did the same thing right before we went to aberdeen.

On another note, the buckets should be the same as any mid-80s GM bucket from a car :)

Not sure what to do about the back.... Seat cover? also, 3rd seat bench from a suburban might work...

wyliek

ya I got some 88 blazer seats free off Craigslist, used them as furniture in my school dorm then just swapped the mechanism and left the 88s sittin.

I would like to see some swiveling seats that lock foward. possibly from a boat application. perfect for sleeping on road trips, waiting to get pulled out of mud etc, etc
wylie

SuperchargedRS

Well I am trying to get rid of the pleather aspect of this truck. I can get a good deal on late model surb. seats, so I am thinking of getting tan leather front seats and dropping them in (as they will bolt up....right?), however the rear seat is what this question is about...
will the third row seat out of a late model surb. bolt up??????????

mcne2026

I do not see how they could bolt in without some custom fab. My M1009 rear seat folds up and has a shock on it. I think the Suburban seats fold flat and not up like these. Also, I don't think a late model Suburban front seat is going to bolt in without custom mounts.

LtDan

Most GM seats are bolted to the seat slider (rails) And use the same bolt pattern to bolt the seat the the frame rail in every gm car. What differs from car to car is the floor pan mounting locations on the rails themselves. I have pontiac boneville bucket seats in a cadillac fleetwood that had a 60/40 split bench seat originally. The pontiac seats are mounted to the cadillac rails that are bolted to their proper location for the cadillac. I can take those same seats out of my cadillac and mount them in a blazer, suburban, pickup, or anything from the late 70s to darn near 2002, just by unbolting the seats from the rails.
Hear is a pic of mine in my car.

Bill

Attachments

mcne2026

So instead of removing the seat from the floor, all I would do is remove it from the brackets that mount to the floor. Then swap any seat onto that? I would love to put new seats in my CUCV, but had read it was not as easy as you explained. How do most seats mount to the rail? Just four or so bolts or is it more complicated?

LtDan

I would still remove the seat and rails as one unit. This will allow you to get two the four bolts underneath the seat easier. Take the blazer rails off the seats and mount them on your new seats, then install the new seats with rails back into your truck, and your done.

Bill

niferous

How about this one? I have a 1986 Suburban I bought yesterday and would like to add the kind of seats that are in my M1009. The bucket types that is. Will they fit?

Where is the best place to find some?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks