• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seatbelt bolt confusion..... halp.

Guruman

Not so new member
So... I stripped outage interior of my cab to do some sound reduction and remodeling.

I removed the factory seats and seat belts.

I swapped in new seats. I bought new seat belt assemblies.

I, for the life of me, cannot figure out where the end of the belt goes.

There are four bolting points for each belt.

The buckle, which bolts to the sides of the engine tunnel.... check.

The retractor assembly, which bolts low on the rear of the door frame... check.

The shoulder guide, which bolts high up on the door frame..... check.

And the end of the belt, which when fastened, would run across your lap from the buckle to the other side down low..... ???? Can. Not. Find. It.

WTH?

Can some one have a look and see where it goes? I'm used to it being either in the floor, or on the side of the seat frame. But I do not see an attachment point in either location....

Hoping to get it back together for a parade on Saturday.

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So... I stripped outage interior of my cab to do some sound reduction and remodeling.

I removed the factory seats and seat belts.

I swapped in new seats. I bought new seat belt assemblies.

I, for the life of me, cannot figure out where the end of the belt goes.

There are four bolting points for each belt.

The buckle, which bolts to the sides of the engine tunnel.... check.

The retractor assembly, which bolts low on the rear of the door frame... check.

The shoulder guide, which bolts high up on the door frame..... check.

And the end of the belt, which when fastened, would run across your lap from the buckle to the other side down low..... ???? Can. Not. Find. It.

WTH?

Can some one have a look and see where it goes? I'm used to it being either in the floor, or on the side of the seat frame. But I do not see an attachment point in either location....

Hoping to get it back together for a parade on Saturday.
The end of the belt goes through the bolt that holds the retractor assembly in. It sticks out at a forward angle next to the door seal. There should be a couple of bushings that are about a quarter inch tall or a little bit less. Use those between the cab and the end. The belt and should touch the retractor then there should be a bushing and then the side of the cab.

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The end of the belt goes through the bolt that holds the retractor assembly in. It sticks out at a forward angle next to the door seal. There should be a couple of bushings that are about a quarter inch tall or a little bit less. Use those between the cab and the end. The belt and should touch the retractor then there should be a bushing and then the side of the cab.
IMG_20221028_075958.jpgIMG_20221028_080034.jpgIMG_20221028_080053.jpg

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That seems wrong to me, no wonder I didn't think of it.

Thanks.
Yeah first when I stripped my interior and then went to put everything back I was scratching my head for a while and started searching photos that I may have taken and photos of other people's trucks till I finally figured it out from looking at various photos. I wouldn't be surprised if it's still not correct but it's what seemed correct according to the research I did and it seems to work fine

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks