• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seats for 5 ton question

nayrbrellim

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After our latest adventure this weekend, 120 miles one way. We are more aggressively seeking a good seating solution for our 5 ton 900 series. The stocks seats wear my arse out on the long road march.

Has anybody mounted the seats at Smittybilt (see link below) to the spring ride base and/or to the standard battery box in a 5 ton? I have been wanting to relocate the batteries but that is a bigger project than I can get done win the next two weeks before our next camping trip to South Carolina (min 4 hours in the big truck), I'm looking for the quick and easy seat fix. And these seats are at a bad price point either.

Any input is welcome - thank you

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
After our latest adventure this weekend, 120 miles one way. We are more aggressively seeking a good seating solution for our 5 ton 900 series. The stocks seats wear my arse out on the long road march.

Has anybody mounted the seats at Smittybilt (see link below) to the spring ride base and/or to the standard battery box in a 5 ton? I have been wanting to relocate the batteries but that is a bigger project than I can get done win the next two weeks before our next camping trip to South Carolina (min 4 hours in the big truck), I'm looking for the quick and easy seat fix. And these seats are at a bad price point either.

Any input is welcome - thank you

Just put an air ride in it and be done. 4 bolt holes and an air line.

nayrbrellim

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What kind of price point are we talking about for the Air Ride for driver and passenger? I've priced the air ride seats once or twice and they seemed kind of pricey. I could pickup a pair of these Smittybilt seats for under $400 delivered. Also, if I put an air ride in for the passenger I would have to relocate the (2) batteries to somewhere, and remove the battery box. I was thinking of relocating the batteries anyway but I'm pretty sure time will not allow me to have something like this done in two weeks (mostly because of the hours I work). I do like the idea of the air ride option but just not sure I can make it happen quickly. thanks

nayrbrellim

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can get used air rides from junkyards for around 150/200. New bottom of the line national seat is 350 or so

You can mount a low pro air ride seat to the battery box. This is what is useful for air ride seats in an LMTV
Ah, I didnt realize mounting to the battery box was even an option.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Shouldn't take but maybe 5 hours for a beginner.

You need 8, 3/8 steel squares for under the floor and box top bracing.

Put seat down, drill holes, run an air line to a T and down thru the floor right by the transfer case and install another T fitting for supply to the chairs.

nayrbrellim

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shouldn't take but maybe 5 hours for a beginner.

You need 8, 3/8 steel squares for under the floor and box top bracing.

Put seat down, drill holes, run an air line to a T and down thru the floor right by the transfer case and install another T fitting for supply to the chairs.
More of an issue getting the materials in a timely manner. LOL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks