• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

See items coming to future auctions?

akfonzy

New member. As the title says, is there any way to know, even in a ball park way, what items will be going to auction? It would be nice to know what's coming so you could prepare space, finances. I don't believe this question is breaking SS's rules.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can contact your local GL rep, and ask(weekly).

You can Use the DRMO website and watch what is coming through the system(does not mean it will ever make it through though.

You can drive to your local base and look occasionally.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nope, so long as you're not posting about upcoming auction details you're good.

But in a general statement, you won't know until it shows. You can always go on base and inspect the current lots and scan around for things "coming down the pipe". Sometimes the GL staff will even give you a heads up.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Nope, no rules broken. GL lists about a month in advance. If you want to know whats coming up before that, your best bet is to go to the site and ask. I doubt that will be very fruit-full as they don't want crap sitting there any longer than needed.

3dAngus

Auction items are posted, for the most part, not all, about six weeks in advance. You can see them on the site in your local area, for instance, just by clicking on the state, then all items in that state for the next six weeks or so will come up.

It varies site by site, depending on how well they are manned. Some sites are only manned part time, while others have several employees full time working all the assets coming in for sale. Lists are constantly updated so you need to recheck every week, as some items may be added to an event in the very last week prior to the auction.

ALL4GLH

I drive by my DRMO lot usually once a week, mainly because I work on base. I've seen some stuff that sits on the lot for a few weeks before it's listed, some are barely on the lot and are listed. It usually just depends.......

bigboy44

Welcome to SS from LA! I don't have anything to add I think it was summed up pretty well. I love your part of the US, took a 8 hour tour through Denali Park in the late 90's and almost stayed in Alaska. Again Welcome to the madness.

akfonzy

Thanks for all the info. Non-military trying to study up on your abbreviations (DRMO) I live near Denali park, about 100 miles south of Fairbanks. Needing as much heads up as possible can be critical. If I give up waiting for something to funnel through Alaska GL locations and bring something up from down by you guys, it could cost me thousands extra. Imagine paying for a deuce, paying another 3,000 to ship it to Anchorage and then see one pop up on the Alaskan GL site. I do try to contact the GL reps every week but they seem pretty out of touch as to what is coming up. Getting ahold of a Deuce, 5 ton, or bigger is next to impossible up here. We might get one 5 ton pop up every 6 or more months.

akfonzy

I was able to navigate through the website, but all it lists for Anchorage or Fairbanks is contact information for the DRMO reps for those areas. I guess you have to contact them for info?

Al Harvey

The other thing to remember is that when the items are in DRMO, other units, musuems, law enforcement, etc. all have first dibs on those items before they go over to GL to sell. That's why some members are saying that you might see it going through the system in DRMO but it never goes to auction. Also it will depend on the de-mil code that is put on the item at DRMO. It's suppose to be the same across the board but I've seen items that receive a code to be destroyed, yet the same type of item is allowed to be sold at a different site. Really the best plan is to get a good idea of what you are wanting to purchase and save your funds up. Watch the items currently being sold to get a rough ball park of what different items are going for. Once you got your funds set aside then find an auction to bid on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks