• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seeking Cab Reinforcement Info for M939 LWS Installation

74M35A2

Mods, are you putting 5 ton (M939) mod threads in the new M939 folder as well? I guess this thread is not necessarily a mod thread since it is factory parts, but more of a question going forward.

Hi all, hope you and your families are staying healthy.

I can't seem to find the TM which illustrates the add on cab items for when the LWS turret ring is installed. I'm all set for the LWS itself. I have the more robust front cab mounts, but I also have some turnbuckle type links which go diagonal across the lower door opening (?), as well as there is some cab reinforcement plate? Guessing that goes inside along the back bottom of the cab? Maybe these turnbuckle links connect to it? Have seen a pic of this plate on another SS thread, but not installed, no part numbers, or installation pics or TM info.

If anybody has any TM reference guidance, part numbers, diagrams, or actual pics of these cab reinforcement components alone or as installed, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:

74M35A2

Thanks bro. This one is kind of hard, because I don't know what I'm asking for. The only thing I am really interested in, is any cab reinforcements that occurred as a kit or pieces for when an LWS was installed. From my understanding, there may be a "Cab Reinforcement Plate", and then possibly some sort of turnbuckles possibly connecting to this plate (?) that lay at a 45 degree angle around the area of the lower rear door openings. I'm assuming this plate fits inside at the lower rear cab area? No idea.

I'll post a pic below of such cab reinforcement plate, as it is the only pic or even reference to one I have ever seen. May be mis-named, and not even exist at all for such purpose. I can find actual LWS stuff in the TM's, but I can't find any mention of cab reinforcement items, I can't even find the reinforced front cab mounts that I have, and have see 2 other sets of, so I know those existed as an entity.

Thanks, anybody else please kick in as well if you have any info.

Sorry, below pic is copied and not mine. Now that I am looking closer at it, the turnbuckle part may be the angle rod in the near middle of the angle plate in the below pic:

02C808A2-6A0B-4E60-BE6A-A380E1E9AF6F.jpeg

Here is an example of the more robust front cab mounts, which I do have, but can’t find in a TM, just as example:

7CF670B6-E4BB-4267-84DB-CBCFB238C044.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 98G

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can take more pics if needed...

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks