• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

seeking CUCV IP Replacement how-to

cucvrus

Is this engine spraying fuel out of the delivery nozzle lines? And did you remove the glow plugs so it cranks rapidly? That is how I get mine to fire up. Even on engines I never heard run before. I had a time a few years ago with a HMMWV engine I installed in a CUCV. But it eventually fired right up. Most times in about 3=4 cranks it's running. Same as the M1008 I just rebuilt. Sprayed fuel I tightened the lines and it fired right up. The glow plugs must work for it to fire. I am assuming you knew that. Good Luck.

jpg

Glow plugs are Bosch with 2,000 miles on them. Yes, I know they need to work.

I got fuel mist before I tightened the lines on the injectors. It caught twice today. Once I eased up on the throttle too quickly and it died. Once I got off the starter too quickly and it died. I think I'm getting warmer...

Bighorn

I got fuel mist before I tightened the lines on the injectors. It caught twice today. Once I eased up on the throttle too quickly and it died. Once I got off the starter too quickly and it died. I think I'm getting warmer...
Are you sure your getting glow now?
Does the voltage drop when the wait light comes on?
Maybe the connections to some of your glow plugs are corroded or rusty.
Check em.
After that, try giving it a double glow cycle before you turn it over.
Turn key on and when the wait light goes out, turn the key of and on again.
When the light goes out the second time, turn it over.

You have to be getting close if you got it to fire today.
This is the most compelling diesel saga I can remember.
I hope you post a video clip of it running!
Maybe it's only me, but I think everyone is rooting for that thing to roll some coal for you.

Bighorn

Are you sure your getting glow now?
Does the voltage drop when the wait light comes on?
Maybe the connections to some of your glow plugs are corroded or rusty.
Check em.
After that, try giving it a double glow cycle before you turn it over.
Turn key on and when the wait light goes out, turn the key of and on again.
When the light goes out the second time, turn it over.

You have to be getting close if you got it to fire today.
This is the most compelling diesel saga I can remember.
I hope you post a video clip of it running!
Maybe it's only me, but I think everyone is rooting for that thing to roll some coal for you.

PS. does that thing have a block heater by chance?
Plug it in.
Could also help if the glow plug system is compromised.
Can't help thinking you still have air in the system though.

AND Sorry for the double post.. good thing I am better with machines than computers..

fitz

Is the truck up and running?
I hope everything is ok, I just noticed you haven't posted here in a while.

Last edited:

jpg

No, the truck is still dead. I'm going back to square 1. Work has left me no time of late to work on the truck.

cucvrus

WOW sorry to hear that. I was hoping to see you climbing that power line again. Here's a picture in your mind. The m1010 climbing the power line. i can't find my pictures when we were wheeling. Imagine that?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks