• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seeking Tech Manual for Nordic Air 18,000 BTUH 3 Phase ECU 567-00001

Weller

Hope I'm posting this to the correct location.

I'm seeking a TM for the Nordic Air 18,000 BTUH 3 Phase ECU.

2008 model using R-22 refrigerant.

NSN: 4120-01-526-1588
Tech Manual: 567-00001

20170618_062521.jpg

Found a few pdf files when searching online but nothing in the way of maintenance.

Btw, I'm impressed how efficiently these run for cooling. I operate 4 units on an MEP-803A generator. Load registers just under 75%. I've found it's a great way to minimize wet stacking.

fpchief

Weller, Glad your units are good to go. I just got one of them for hurricane preparedness and other uses. I am looking for a power cord, how are you powering yours? Did you make the cable or find them available somewhere?

Weller

I got one cable with purchase and reverse engineered it to make others, thanks to nsn numbers (see photo) and parts on ebay. You likely could convert to a standard locking 208v plug/socket but I found making the plugs wasn't difficult. Parts can be found on ebay or maybe here.

20161103_113605.jpg

RumRunner742

Ok here is the data plate for the 36k units. Considering how many of these have been auctioned off, I'm surprised I cant find more detailed info about them.

81570073.jpg

JackMS

I bought 2 of these but they are 2011's and the tm number is 11080A-OI. The NSN for the unit is the same. I got a manual for each so if you think the manual will work for you, I will send you one.

RumRunner742

Thank you for the offer. There has to be a digital copy somewhere with a parts manual. I'm planning on converting mine over to R-407C since its the closest match to R22 and its available. I found a study the Marine Corps did on the relation between gen sets and ECUs. Lots of fluff, but also good info in it.

I bought 2 of these but they are 2011's and the tm number is 11080A-OI. The NSN for the unit is the same. I got a manual for each so if you think the manual will work for you, I will send you one.

Brucelee

Thats awesome if you have a manual for this. Im currently working on a 36000 btuh ac/heater part #gl0343zaadwyxg1
This is my first day on this forum and looks like alot of info
Can you send me a pdf file
Thanks

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are using a military gen set the wiring is per the attached picture. There is also a red LED behind the control panel on the AC that will indicate if it is miswired.
View attachment 705918
Is that an actual military cable? You can't get away with that in the civilian world. Its a code violation. Black, red, and blue for load bearing conductors. You are not allowed to repurpose white or green as load bearing.

RumRunner742

Well alrighty then.
I'm not a electrician so it could be completely wrong, but it blows hot and cold when asked, so I just go with it. :grd:

Additional info for anyone wanting one of these: My 5K will push the three ton unit, but it kicks up to 110% load on heat.
My 10k will push a five ton unit and 98% load on heat. Somewhere on youtube is a video of a guy running three, three ton units simultaneously on AC with a 10k gen at 100% load.

Last edited:

yeshua1

Where did you get all the nsn's for the power cable? Do you have a TM? If so, where did you get? Looking for a TM and power cord myself.

Emmett

I got two of them. One works well but the other one opens the control (1amp ) breaker in heat mode.
Both nice units but I don’t have 3 phase power available. Looks like I will need a phase converter.
im guessing a 20 HP converter will work. Ideas?
a little diagnosis using the schematic glued to the panel and will hopefully find the fault.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks