• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seem on cargo cover

doc carter

I have a deuce cargo cover that has aseem running on to driver side that has come un-glued, this is a vinyl type no stitching. Any ideas how to fix?
Thanks,
Doc

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have had good luck using a product called "pliobond". I would try to find a piece to glue to the back side so there is more surface area to hold together.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I know that using Gorrila tape is worthless as far as mending these cargo covers. I have issues with the seams around the zippered openings on either end coming unbound on the cover of my M927 and have had no success finding a good repair method.

I know that at one time (I've been out of the Active Army since 2007) every Third Shop level maintenence facility had a Cavas and Glass Repair Section to fix issues like this.

Does anyone know if they ever addressed this problem in PM Magazine?

Add me to the "subscribed" list on this one.

Cycletek

I used this product called 3M VHB (Very High Bond) Dual Side Tape to attach the metal covers over my middle windows of my bus. It is used to bond siding onto trailers and windows into high rise buildings as well as attaching spoilers to cars by the manufactures. You can find it on Ebay pretty reasonably priced. Just make sure the surface is clean, I used a pure alcohol cleaner and I bonded metal to metal and I put a bead of VHT silicone on the weather side of the just to make sure it stays dry, I did it just in case. This stuff is tough, it has been on for 30,000 miles through rain and snow holding 16 gauge steel panels on a 40 foot uni-body Bus.