• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selectable 5ton locker

Ok Trying to see how much real interest there is. My buddy is designing a selectable locker as a drop in unit for the 5ton axles. Projected sale price is to be $1500 to $1600 per locker. We have been brain storming on the actuation as to make it air or electric or even a cable option. If electric is chosen will be available in 12v or 24v so it's also easy to use in a nonmilitary truck use. These will be built regardless but if a few guys offer up some money upfront the process will go quicker. even just 1 or 2 people will help. Gearhart Engineering is a very reputable business and there are no worries about getting your parts if paid for. Any one interested can message me here or call me at 814 766 3354 or call Russ at 269 278 6945.

azteclizard

i like the air selectable idea. the way i see it, if my truck doesnt have air it wont move; whereas it will drive a decent distance without electric. cable operated would be my second choice.
if i was to run these axles on say a mud truck then the electric option would be viable. too bad u couldn't come up with an actuation method that was interchangeable... hmmm

well that's part of the designing. room for an actuator is what will limit it. we want to stay away from an ARB design due to the possible orings and stuff leaking. it if was electric it would be possibly to use a disc type magnet to actuate it versus needing room for an air cylinder or solenoid.

162tcat

If you were in the 1k range I'd be in. 1,500+ is just hard for me to justify. Could a group pre-buy bring the price down?

azteclizard

I'm up for one for my m52, have been since the ARB thread came up. i would really like to see one of these things actually come into existence.

Agreed. Maybe one for $1500 and a nice discount for both rear axles. I would go $2250 for two. Air only, however. Also, if they need to be different for the A2, than I would need A2.
The lockers will fit all 5ton axles 800 series and 900 series. I doubt there will be any discounts unless you plan to buy like 50 of them. at 1500 each he's not making much on them so serious buyers only.

What price did they work out to be? $1500?
He wanted to hit that mark but couldn't the machining was too involved so as of now he's at $2200 a pair with a bushing for the splines to ride in or he makes them with a ball bearing too which is 2500 a pair. They are full billet hubs russ hub.jpg the one in the pic had an aluminum turn dial for the prototype but they all have a bronze dial now so they don't corrode.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks