• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selectro hubs

digger

i've been thinking of a set of lockout hubs for my deuce. can anyone tell me if you can feel any difference with mileage/h.p.???????

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a set and got about 1 1/2 to 2 mpg better. But i haven't gone on a road trip with them yet. wal-mart parking lots are no problem now. I have a LOVE -HATE relation with them though. If you take your truck off road, ( mud- water) then you'll get to spend some quailty time repacking weel bearings. I'm going to try the overson eng hubs. I sure hope they are more watertight. As far as a HP increase, or more of a kick in the pants when taking off from a redlight? Dunno, I've got the fuel rate cranked way up. So it's hard to say.

blasini

put selectro hubs on my m109 and road feel seems better but no increase in milagege that i can tell.

i like the idea of hubs to so i could care less about the miles per gallon but in case the axles get loose you can just dis connect them with hubs

MVtrucker

I put them on my M35A2, not for fuel mileage, but to ease the wear and tear on the front end. Works beautiful. Smoother ride and feels like I got a couple of more horses out of the motor.