• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selectro lockouts for deuce

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
If anyone upgrades and wants to toss their splined hub caps, or desplined caps. I would be interested. I want to see how they feel before I drop money on the selectros. This also goes for anyone that might have upgraded their rear axle, or has a broken one I can cut the shaft off of to use the hub plate.

jwaller

I saw a post a while back and the guy suggest to cut out a piece of wood and bolt in place of the axle. it's obviously temporary but it will do what you want.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Yeah I saw that too, but I am looking for something more permanent to test with. I figure it could go either way on if I should spend the money, so going this route gives me options. The caps and axles are cheap anyways.

rdixiemiller

I have a pair of de-splined hubs for my truck. They really reduce steering effort and improved my fuel economy about 1mpg. If you want to borrow them, I can send them in a flat rate box from the USPS. You can try decoupling the rears by pulling a shaft from the front tandem and putting on one of the splined front caps to cover the hole. I still despline hubs if anyone needs to have it done. Just send them on and I'll bore them on the lathe.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
rdixiemiller thanks for the offer, but I would prefer to pick up a set of my own. I am set up to handle the disciplining if I need to. I did not realize that front caps fit the back axles too, but now that you mention it it is obvious. Definitely saves me a bit of work since I will only need to front caps to test it all out.