• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Self Lubing Speedometer

randygk

Our M923A1 has been reading a little high lately at times on the speedometer for the actual speed. Knowing how the speedometer operates I figured that there was dust, rust or oil between magnet and speed cup. Finally the speedo quit with the needle at 8:00 position. The back of the speedo and drive cable connetion were all clean - no grease. Upon pulling the speedo and opening it up, I found the whole back end full of grease. I see there's a gasket on the drive cable at the speedo head end, but I doubt it's sold separately. I've ordered a new speedometer - should I worry about this happening again in the next 10 years, or figure the speedo drive adapter has been over greased over the years sending grease towards the speedo. Maybe someone out there has some experience with this problem
Much Thanks