• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

self removing trans

tm america

ever since i got my truck its had syncro problems in 3rd .i just figured id wait till it crapped out totally . the last two days or so the trans was messing up big time .popping out of gear grinding going into gear and making noises.i figured i had killed the bearings in it the last big load i hauled :?:so i checked it out today .turns out when they put the trans when it was rebuilt by the gov they didnt get the bolts that hold the bellhousing to the trans tight.there was a 1/4 inch gap between the trans and bell. :cry:so i pulled the inspection cover off one was laying on top of the cover the others were almost out of there bottom three were pretty easy to fix but the top two really sucked i had to tighten them with a screwdriver then a hammer and a chisel :roll:but i got it all fixed up now it feels like a new trans no grinding nice and tight

tm america

ya to funny guess thats why they sell 'em .i can hear em now who worked on that one :?:lets auction it. i'm not driving it after they worked on it:wink:

tm america

ya i was worried .the one fell out when i took the cover off and i didnt hear it . i was about to rip the trans till i seen it laying under the tire