• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selfridge deuces-what did you get?

nkawtg

Josh,

Oh the shame......

Well, I was working on 5614 (and only 5614) and was on top until sometime past 3:30. My wife called and told me I was outbid.....drove the hour home (say 4:45 by now), and it was $700 more than when she called:roll:. Anyway, I bailed on that one, and since I didn't pursue any others, I didn't want to snipe anyone at the last minute. Sooooo, I am ashamed to say I got some good information weds., had a good time checking them out, and that's it!

I couldn't believe the last 15 minutes.......Johnny told me you were talking about that....that was something to see!

I guess I just have to wait for someones buyer remorse to kick in.......:wink:

Glad to see your folks did well!

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bid on 16 trucks but only got two. I figured they would go lower. At least I'll have two to play around with.
Bill
Much to your wifes relief. :wink:

Bill, I was on my way out from the preview when I seen your van.
Really wanted to go back & say hi, but had way way to much to get done.
Catch up with ya next weekend.

Preacherboy

$600 ? I did not see any sell for less than $1500
I think the "$600" comment was to this meaning...hardtops went for $600 last week in another auction and these deuces at Selfridge went for approx. $1200 so we got the hardtops for $600 and the rest of the deuce for $600 (although you are right not many, if any at all went for under $1500) so we got the hardtop for $600 and the rest of the truck for $1000.

$1000 trucks! But alas, none of the trucks had mint hardtops in a wooden crate, so these hardtops aren't worth quite $600.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I noticed a number of low tires and a few flats, some wasps, cobwebs.........tumbleweeds.
Also was told they all ran when parked.
Prices were pretty decent for Michigan, but not as good as Grayling '09.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Won 3 at the auction, does anyone have info in 53,72,76. Looks as though they may have had newer paint but there was only limited pic. thanks jeff
from my notes;
53- no heater, firm brake pedal so-so tires - bid (although I didn't)
72- no heater, firm brake pedal little rust - bid (although I didn't)
76- rust on bed, worn tires, soft brake pedal - bid (although I didn't)

These are just our notes, actual condition not guaranteed.