• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selling deuce to buy 5 ton m818 or not

ctmustang

:roll:The $24 question is should I sell my deuce to buy a m818 tractor. I always wanted one I'm just not sure if the upkeep is that much more intensive or not.
I do all my own work so I have that part covered. Just wandering what some of you would do. Would like to either bob an 818 or single it out with a deuce bed. Any pics yaw have of your 818's bobbed or not would be appreciated. I have read alot of the tm's but does anybody have ideas on what to look out for on buying and what gives most problems on these trucks. I've put alot of time and money in the deuce just looking for suggestions.:roll:

Attachments

JWNathan

Well Im NOT a deuce owner myself, but I can see two lines of thought here. 1) You already have a Deuce so adding a 5ton for a lil' variety could be nice. 2) Its nice to only need to buy one type of spares to keep multiple vehicles running. I myself fall into catergory number 2, I have enough spares to keep both of my CUCVs alive for awhile without heading to the parts house. I know, not much help!
-Jesse

emr

My opinion, the market for selling a deuce is still flooded, wait, an 818 or 813 the 813 is what I have, I have a deuce but like U find myself asking if I should sell it, so far i think its just a poor time to do it, But think since yours looks so nice also maybe a price on it and wait for some one serious that wants a nice one, as for the 5 ton, Mine seems to me to be reliable and so much fun, i like the long hood and the way to low geared trans the most, to me that is what sets it apart, and it does. Doing your own work is a plus, I like my trucks to be stock, less expensive and well I just like em that way. So i think the 5 ton is a good way to go and to hold onto the deuce to do a decent amount of time to drive em side by side to really get the feel and then make the choice to sell the deuce, One nice thing about a deuce, it can be stored for long peroids with little primping..my 2 cents , if they made any sense. Good luck...randy