• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

selling to the canucks up north

ohiohmmwv

What parts are prohibited from being sold/exported to canadians? From what I know GL has certain restrictions on their sales. Would something like a roll bar be ok to sell to someone up north? All my parts I'm interested in selling have been through private sales.

Stan Leschert

If you had to sign an EUC to get it, to send it up to us you have to go through someone who holds an export licence. Eastern Surplus or Idaho Motor Pool can help, but remember that they do this for a living ... so they will charge a fee.

No EUC and not controlled by ITAR ... Ca$h works!

gcbennet

When i brought my humvee over the border the CBSA officer asked me if it had armour, weapons, radios, or a weapons platform of any kind. When i said no, they gave it a quick look and let me go. I knew the armoured doors were going to be an issue so i had them removed by the previous owner and replaced with canvass. Weapons are a given, but weapons platforms? A turret ring shouldn't be an issue, but maybe they're looking for TOW mounts or something of that nature(?). Radios are also highly regulated if operational, but working or not i found that most vendors won't even attempt to ship to Canada. When i bought my last 524 set i had to drive down and meet the seller on the US side of the border and bring it home myself. Unfortunately, the regulations can be a little on the grey side and sometimes success at the border is hinged solely on the discretion of the officer at the time.. :-s

gcbennet

I'm curious about the turret ring issue now! If what you're saying is true, we won't be able to import any ring-equipped hard tops or humvees already configured as such (ie hard top slant back)?

glassk

What paperwork would that be? For a private sale?
§ 730.7 LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
AND EXCEPTIONS
A relatively small percentage of exports and
reexports subject to the EAR require an
application to BIS for a license. Many items are
not on the Commerce Control List (CCL)
(Supplement No. 1 to §774.1 of the EAR), or, if
on the CCL, require a license to only a limited
number of countries. Other transactions may be
covered by one or more of the License
Exceptions in the EAR. In such cases no
application need be made to BIS.

(2) Are your items or activities subject to the
EAR at all
? Part 734 of the EAR defines the
items and activities that are subject to the EAR.
Note that the definition of “items subject to the
EAR” includes, but is not limited to, items listed
on the Commerce Control List in part 774 of the
EAR.

http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/regulations/export-administration-regulations-ear

Don't confuse private sale with it's up to you to know the rules of the game,...