• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Serial Number Location

Deucenut

I recovered my deuce last week and have been going through it looking for things that need work. I am very happy that the only issue I have found thus far are a small air leak, a non functional drivers windshield wiper, and the drivers seat adjustment needs some attention. The girl is in great shape overall.

I will be getting it titled and licensed soon but I cannot find the location of the serial number on the truck. I haven't found it in the TM's either. Any help?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

mikey

Definitely get the Frame VIN from the frame of the truck just behind the drivers side front wheel. The data plates are often swapped in these trucks and the GL paperwork, if that's where you got it, is incorrect about 107.6% of the time.

Mikey

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recovered my deuce last week and have been going through it looking for things that need work. I am very happy that the only issue I have found thus far are a small air leak, a non functional drivers windshield wiper, and the drivers seat adjustment needs some attention. The girl is in great shape overall.

I will be getting it titled and licensed soon but I cannot find the location of the serial number on the truck. I haven't found it in the TM's either. Any help?

Thanks a bunch in advance.
Located on frame behind drivers side front tire.

Attachments

flyusn99

Definitely compare the full frame serial number with the data-plate on the dash board. If a discrepancy exists go with the frame serial number and just order a new dataplate. Some guys on here have had issues but I've always had good luck with David from mvdataplates.com
Also, if you're having a difficult time seeing the frame data plate through the 10-15 layers of GI paint try using a wire brush on it and it will sometimes make it easier to see. Good luck, sounds like you really lucked out on the truck.

James

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
VIN's can also be on the passenger side front frame rail; though the pax side location is usually on earlier trucks.

Deucenut

I am sometimes an ninny :). I knew it was on the passengers side data plate but thanks for the information about it being on the frame and other possible locations. This forum is great!

flyusn99

Deuce history

One thing I forgot to add that might be of interest. If you just got your truck as you say you did, and it came from a US Army or NG unit one of the members on here (CARNAC) has a re-curring thread somewhere on SS that if you send him the serial number, year, make bumper markings and whatnot he can give you the pedigree for where your truck was last assigned. Pretty neat.
All he asks in return is you make a contribution (of your own amount) to a military related charity (Wounded Warrior Project is the first one that comes to mind but there are many others as well) Just a thought, hope it helps.

James

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks