• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Series & Parallel Hook Up

Tlauden

Can you not find 24V LEDs that would fit your need? Here is some online, might be just as easy to go that route.

160 Amber 24-Volt PIRANHA LED Thin-Line Clearance and Side Marker Light - 160 Series >> Piranha LED Thin-Line Clearance / Side Marker Light
Thanks, i honestly didnt even think to look for 24v lighting:roll::roll:

I would agree that normal truck operating electrical loads... lights and such, should be of the 24vdc variety. 24vdc bulbs are very much available and not much more expensive. Also keeps with the principles of K.I.S.S. rule. My 12vdc loads are basically a powerblock installed to power 3 or 4 cigarette lighter outlets to power cell phone charger, gps, mp3, etc.. not enough drain to worry about "lopsided" batteries charging.
MAJOR NOTE: If you are the type who does not understand dc electricity principles, DON"T screw with it. Make friends with someone local who is. Welding with battery cables is exciting, but can have expensive results.

im pretty good with DC wiring, my personal vehicle has more light than the engine sitting at the fire house :mrgreen: but thanks for the advice. i know i have on more than one occasion made a nice firework show touching wires & wrenches places the shoildnt touch

dittle

i know i have on more than one occasion made a nice firework show touching wires & wrenches places the shoildnt touch
Thats the exciting part of electrical work. Best one I did is I welded my boxend wrench to the turret bussel when installing 6 batteries in a M60A3. Oops.

steelandcanvas

It's fun to laugh at the welded wrenches, vaporized screwdrivers, the red glow of a dead short, etc. But lets not loose track of how dangerous high amperage DC can be. An exploded set of batteries in your face is nothing to be amused at. Let's be safe Guys! At the very least, safety goggles and gloves. Just my 2cents

Poccur

As has been said previously, you can wire 2 x 12v in series, to give you a
0v-12, 12v-24v
hookup. You can use the 0v as the ground and take 12v from the point where the first battery pos meets the second battery neg. Just running lights etc...no worries.
If you are not sure, fuses are your friend, breakers work out cheaper in the long run. Breaker protect everything as you hook it up and you will be fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks