• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Service and Emergency

touringfordor

I was cleaning up the tail lights on my '70 M35A2 when I noticed a round, flat surface (covered with CARC, of course) with a cut out stencil of the word "SERVICE" above it on the left side, inboard of the tail light and tucked up close to the bed. There is a similar object on the right side, labeled "EMERGENCY". Would someone please clue me in on what these are?

Here, let me do it for you:
nopics

Thanks!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Step away from the truck, and go read your TM manuals. At least, read the -10 Operators Manual.

Hope you know what the little door in the floor, is for...

Big Z

Air lines for trailers. They use glad hands to connect.

Agree with reading basic operators manual. It will help you identify components, and give you things to check. There's lots to maintain on trucks; all things considered, deuces are pretty simple.

Here's a link http://www.jatonkam35s.com/jatonkaM35sTMdownloadpage.htm

I downloaded all the -10s and -20s and find myself reading a little something every now and then. They're handy to have.

touringfordor

Thanks for the rapid replies.

I thought the trap door was to drain water after fording? I grew up on a farm with three 2-ton trucks, and a 1-ton. They all had the master cylinder under the floor, too.

The glad hands are there; are these just labels for the glad hands?

I have the TMs , and I go trough them when I can. Lots to wade through, but very worthwhile.

Hopefully I'll get some pics soon. I got the truck in March, but still haven't posted pics.

Darwin T

the left side service works the trailer brakes and air only comes out when the brakes are pressed. the right side emergency is used to air up tires or run air tools and air comes out soon as you open it (if you have air pressure. if neither has air the dirt dobbers have moved in.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And if you did not know what they are for and they were left open(and the military valves are opposite of standard valves), you may find yourself without sufficient brakes to stop. That's why I stressed the importance of simply reading the operators manual.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Air lines for trailers. They use glad hands to connect.

Agree with reading basic operators manual. It will help you identify components, and give you things to check. There's lots to maintain on trucks; all things considered, deuces are pretty simple.

Here's a link http://www.jatonkam35s.com/jatonkaM35sTMdownloadpage.htm

I downloaded all the -10s and -20s and find myself reading a little something every now and then. They're handy to have.
The deuce along with several other TM's are back on SS , they are located in the forums section now in a new catagory for TM's .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks