• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Set of A3 Wheels Up For Grabs...

devilman96

I am working with a FD in south Oklahoma that has a set of six A3 wheels… They want to trade them for a set of seven of my 11X20 custom wheels for one of their M35A3’s.

This is an almost unheard of offer but if you’re looking for A3 wheels for your truck they generally run $300-$700 each… The full set will be $1750 plus shipping.

If anyone is interested please shoot me an email at sales@odiron.com so I can fill you in on all of the details.

devilman96

No... and guys this is first come first serve please dont ask me to "hold them" "trade them" or email me saying "dibs"... If you want them be the first to pay for them and you own them.

M1075

Why are they wanting to trade? What is wrong with the wheels they have now that would motivate them to acquire new ones and go through the hassle of mounting them up?

M1075

Re: RE: Set of A3 Wheels Up For Grabs...

devilman96 said:
The hassle of mounting them...
Ahhh....I thought the ease of mounting was an advantage with the two piece wheels? Maybe they just don't understand what they have or how to do it. It seems questionable to give up CTIS capabilities for 1 piece rims. They must have their reasons, though.

devilman96

RE: Re: RE: Set of A3 Wheels Up For Grabs...

Ahhh....I thought the ease of mounting was an advantage with the two piece wheels? Maybe they just don't understand what they have or how to do it.
There are advantages and disadvantages to both wheels. I think one flat and 4 hours of changing it was enough to do them in... A3 wheels are combat wheels... What works well in combat isn’t always the best thing for a FD. They want light and fast and simplistic... Not 4 hours of grief in a field or forest that is on fire... If ya cant move the truck, guess what happens!?!?!

CTIS systems are not the best things sense sliced bread, especially not on a retro fit vehicle like the A3... (yes i know the system can be removed).

I'd love to be smart here and say it’s because my wheels are "that good" rofl

When you consider the simplicity of a one piece tubeless design there is a lot to be said for them… balance, weight, no O-ring's to contend with, etc, etc... There are a lot of advantages. Not to mention, any experienced tire guy can break down a one piece and remount it in about 15 mins with no leaks or issues the first time... Where as a combat wheel takes some considerable time to dissemble, clean up, inspect, reassemble while keeping the O ring in place and remount .

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Set of A3 Wheels Up For Grabs...

Too bad I don't have the jack. I'd keep 4 and sell 2.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks