• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Setting a bridge with no bridge truck, 818 at work.

TheBuggyman

All,
Completed the girder section of my footbridge over the pond and decided to set it yesterday. Everything went well once we figured out to make the fifth wheel piece, attached the bridge to it and treated it like a hook and ladder! My 818 earns its keep once again......

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like more pork barrel spending! :wink: Nice work! Beautiful pond too! Is this your back yard?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Man that's beautiful. Any fish to catch from the bridge? Can't let the wifey see this cause she loves bridges and waterfalls. Heck, I ain't even got a mud puddle!

beaubeau

Hey buggyman! Did U have to get a Wet Lands Permit to do that bridge? I cannot even put in a 12 in. pipe on my property Leagally, without a permit from the State Wetlands Bureau. Nice looking Estata! !! Phil

TheBuggyman

beaubeau said:
Hey buggyman! Did U have to get a Wet Lands Permit to do that bridge? I cannot even put in a 12 in. pipe on my property Leagally, without a permit from the State Wetlands Bureau. Nice looking Estata! !! Phil
Phil,
I had to get my permits through the state but I'm not in a RPA so it was pretty straight foward. Being in land use we were exempt from all erosion controls too!