• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Several CUCVs in the movie Firebirds

NCBloodhound

I made my wife watch Firebirds with Nicholas Cage tonight. rofl There were several CUCVs. Tommy Lee Jones gets out of an m1009 and as he arrives on base there is an m1008 pulling a trailer. Several scenes have CUCVs in the background.

As for the movie itself, well lets just say it was a typical late 80s early 90s military flick. I AM THE GREATEST! I AM THE GREATEST!rofl My wife actually liked it!

SGT LongT

Hasn't everyone seen the documentary Firebirds about the awesomeness of Apache pilots?:not worthy:
:grin:Hey I used to be a 68Y(well its 15Y now). A fellow soldier that was stationed at Ft. Carson told me Cage signed one of the black boxes in the Apache used in the filming and that it was still in Apache flying around (back in 2002 at least). I'm guessing now that Apache has been stripped down at Mesa, AZ and is now Delta model.

For the record I wish I had picked H60 crewman. The Apache has only 2 seats so no flight time for me...not even a wing hook up:wink:

Attachments

BikerBi11

I seem to recall some of that flick was done at Ft Hood when I was stationed there. Somone please correct me if I am wrong. If I remember correctly, terrible movie!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks