• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF-97 IN GL's NAME

M725

Why am I being charged $60.00 for a SF-97 and it isn't even issued in my name?? When I deal with the GSA it comes with in 2 days and it is in my name.(no charge)

Maryland will not give me a title with it in someone's else name on the SF-97.
They also said they will not except the the TITLE reassig. supplement with out a TITLE. and yes I talk to a superviser.

Again why am I being charged $60 for a SF_97 when I don't get a vaild one???

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: SF-97 IN GL

You are being charged $60 because GL is a for profit enterprise. Wherever they can screw you, they will and call it a "customer service fee".

GSA exists to recoup whatever they can recoup of the gummint's money AND serve the public.

See the difference?

M725

RE: SF-97 IN GL

I call GL After my vist to the MD MVA today. I was told I'm the first person with this problem from Md :shock: . So I went back, this time I talked to Marty F.Dove Assi Branch Manger. Glen Burnie Branch. I told her about the phone call and what GL said. "You are not the 1st and we have memo's on GL out". Also she gave me a letter stating..

"Please be avised that Government Liquidation does not have re-assignment rights. They must title in their name before selling the vehicles"

If any one from Md needs a copy before paying for a SF97 I will Email or fax one to you

M725

Re: RE: SF-97 IN GL

Recovry4x4 said:
Is that a copy of what you sent to GL? Did they respond?
When you buy from the goverment, you get a SF97 in your name sinice they don't use titles. Ok GL buys 1st from the gov. Gets it in thier name (being the buyer), fills a re-assignment from passes it on to you the next buyer hence no titling cost.