• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sf-97

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wait(be patient).

sandcobra164

Does LA even issue a title with an SF-97? Perhaps my local tag office in GA doesn't know everything but they won't do it but even with an SF-97, I can't get a title on anything older than 1986 or so. I do have one option, I could "sale" my trucks to someone in FL and have them sell it back to me once they get a FL title. I'd get a GA title then. I don't plan on selling my trucks in my lifetime but that is an option that I could use if I ran into hard times and had to move some stuff. People do like titled trucks if they are in the market to buy one.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, Louisiana accepts the SF97 with the GL bill of sale.

Scott,

Is this for your m109A4? Did you not have a data plate on the dash as that info should be on it? The vin number is the unit/id number. It will not be a standard Vin like a civy car. AM General is your mfr.

The local dmv will probably have trouble with it. Best bet is the Prestige and special plate division in Baton Rouge. Are you familiar with the Louisiana lifetime former military vehicle vin stencil? Much cheaper in the long run than a B plate as it is lifetime. Whichever way, you will need an inspection. State Police will do it for you or any post certified officer.

check it out:
http://dpsweb.dps.louisiana.gov/omv...93b8b938b2da57ef862564af00690bf3?OpenDocument

scottmh

I do have the data plate and that is where i got the info from. Thats what I didnt understand. I saw people with what appeared to be standard vin numbers on that thread and never found one on the truck. I really just want to get it settled so I can drive it without fear of being pulled over. I am interested in the lifetime deal.

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had some vinyl stickers made at a sign shop but home depot or office depot sell stencil letter/numbers that can be sprayed on with a rattle can.

zout

Joe - GA might not recognize the title for the truck from another State as well - it was explained they might not honor it - still falling into several issues - you need to look at the thread Getting a BMY titled in GA that is going.

Over 2,000 views and hardly no comments for the future of MV's here in Ga. Still working with the State office on this issue as I type. There will only so many older units that fall into Historic Value - the future of MV's in GA getting them titled is what we are working on. Even with the T22B form in hand - SF97 Form in hand plus several other documents - I see no immediate remedy coming but we're still at it.

Those that have these units forced in - gotta tell ya they see it and are not happy campers about it - they are not entered fully as what they are.
Like Forest Gump - that's all I gotta say about this for right now.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure but I heard GL only issues titles to some specific states due to them not accepting the sf97. I have never been given the option for a FL title but I also never requested one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks