• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sf 97

Videris

I know this is a sensitive subject (warthog) so I'll keep it PC. If I don't I meant no disrespect. That being said let's get to my question. When you purchase hmmwv from GovPlanet (auction) they will automatically issue you an sf97, correct? You don't have to request it? An example of something you would request (pay extra for) would be a bill of sale, correct? Thank you in advance for helping out I appreciate it Sir's.

TucsonVTXF

you have to request it and pay extra for it.... I would request the Notarized Bill of Sale also and of course there is a fee for that too.

Videris

I requested/paid for a bill of sale but I must have overlooked sf97. I recently went to my account on GovPlanet reviewed my history and didn't see an area under my recent won auction where I can request an sf97. I will review again and call them. Thanks for the help man

86m1028

I know this is a sensitive subject (warthog) so I'll keep it PC. If I don't I meant no disrespect. That being said let's get to my question. When you purchase hmmwv from GovPlanet (auction) they will automatically issue you an sf97, correct? You don't have to request it? An example of something you would request (pay extra for) would be a bill of sale, correct? Thank you in advance for helping out I appreciate it Sir's.
Nothing sensitive about it !
An sf97 is a government title = proof of ownership.
Use it to file for a title in your state in your name period !

Jakob1944

Can I request/pay for an sf97 after I have already completed my checkout process?

Yep........a "Dealer Document Fee".....$100
and the "SF 97 Fee".....$50
and an additional State Tax and County Tax which is an adjustment to the original sale paper work....Which I might add you may pay by credit card.......

and hopefully they won't put your stuff in the start over pile......

That's what happen to me.....

Last edited:

Videris

So you had to start process over because you requested an sf97 after the fact and they charged an additional 100 buck plus on top of everything! I guess it's my fault for not doing my research first. I'll wait till I get my hmmwv then I'll request my sf97 so I don't have to start process over at this point. I'm already two weeks into the EUC process. I don't want to add to it it's already going to take long enough as it is. Thanks for heads up jakob1944

Jakob1944

So you had to start process over because you requested an sf97 after the fact and they charged an additional 100 buck plus on top of everything! I guess it's my fault for not doing my research first. I'll wait till I get my hmmwv then I'll request my sf97 so I don't have to start process over at this point. I'm already two weeks into the EUC process. I don't want to add to it it's already going to take long enough as it is. Thanks for heads up jakob1944
Be advised......In the past some folks on this forum here were commenting that it took upwords to a year to get their SF97 when they went to apply for it AFTER they received/picked up their machine and had later decided that they wanted to do the "title thing".....which had led me to inquire if I did in fact also purchased the SF97 when I initially paid for my purchase......I was inquiring about some other thing 3 or 4 weeks after the purchase when I ask why I wasn't billed for the SF97........I stopped the game right there and went after the SF97......I figured it was better than them having to go to the back, back room and look up my paper work long after the purchase.......

Videris

I plan on calling them tomorrow to find out exactly what SOP will be for me now at this point. I will post what conclusion will be for my specific case. Thanks again

86m1028

Not govplanet but a few years ago, I requested an sf97 from govliquidation for a truck I had bought roughly 6 years prior.
They had no issues sending me one.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL and GP are worlds apart on paperwork. I, too, have requested paperwork from GL well after the sale, and received it in a couple ofnweeks.

In contrast, my most recent title debacle with GP took 13 months.

Videris

GL and GP are worlds apart on paperwork. I, too, have requested paperwork from GL well after the sale, and received it in a couple ofnweeks.

In contrast, my most recent title debacle with GP took 13 months.
13 months. That's it! Not bad. Good grief.

Videris

Hey has anyone out there had a "reasonably easy" experience getting an sf97 after there purchase/receiving of Hmmwv from govplanet?

What I mean by as "reasonably easy" would be scenario that doesn't come close to 13 months. ****!

I assume no. Hahaha.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks