• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF97 for M101A3 with unreadable data plate (No S/N)

FMFDoc225

I searched before posting, but couldn't find anything. How do you handle filling out an SF97 on an M101A3 trailer when the data plate on the frame is completely unreadable? The auction listing had year/manufacturer on it so I can use that info, but what about the serial#? Even the listing stated "S/N unknown"

Thanks in advance......

quickfarms

It is usually stamped into the plate on the tongue and the body. Sometimes it is painted on the vehicle. If it is USMC just use the registration number, it may be painted over so you will have to look at the shadow or sand it.

Post pictures so we can give you advice.

FMFDoc225

It is usually stamped into the plate on the tongue and the body. Sometimes it is painted on the vehicle. If it is USMC just use the registration number, it may be painted over so you will have to look at the shadow or sand it.

Post pictures so we can give you advice.

Bingo! It is USMC and the registration numbers are painted on clear as day..Thanks...Only images I can post are from this morning's recovery. They are located here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?116694-Finally!-My-first-M101A3

TucsonVTXF

my trailer is the same way, with a bright flashlight and side lighting the data tag I was able to see 0217USMC584700 the last half was stamped by the USMC with their registration numbers..

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had one with non-ledgible numbers. A GL administrator said to use something like "US Army Standard", and it went sailing through.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks