• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF97 for TX Trailer?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just tried to get a SF97 for my M116A2 Genset trailer and the GL site said there was nothing in the sale that required a SF97. Any TX folks license their trailers without one?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cut off for non title trailers in Texas is less than 4000 lbs GVW. So, at 3/4 ton capy, that is 1500 lbs, and say 500 for the empty weight, you are at 2000. You do not need a SF97 for registering the 116. Me, I am picky and want proof I did not steal it. I would fax in a SF97 request (the online form won't let you force fill in) anyway, and put on the cover sheet your reason for wanting a SF97. GL will send you one anyway and then you have proof for your records.

Texas Manny

I went to register my new M101A2 in San Antonio. Although the trailer was under 4000, the tax office wants it titled. Since there was a serial number on the trailer, all they required was that the bill of sale have the serial number and the weights of the trailer included. I don't know what would happen once the processing started. I have a SF97 on the way. It is in the previous owners name. I will check to see if there is a place to sign off the trailer to me on it, or if he has to register it first, get a title, then sign it over to me. I too would like a proof of purchase and ownership. A title is the only sure document to show proper ownership.