• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF97/ Vin Problems

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won a M1008 a couple of months ago and applied for the SF97 soon after picking it up in Little Rock. It's been weeks so I sent an email, they have had my application on hold due to the VIN not clearing CarFax? The vin they had on all the GL paperwork is wrong. The vin plate on the dash is pretty rusted and hard to read so they had three Cs instead of GCG. I sent it in today, hopefully the difference won't create any problems at the DMV, of course this is Arkansas and all I really need is a bill of sale for a vehicle 25 years or older but I thought a SF97 would be good to have just in case. Anyone had problems at the DMV?

Attachments

ARYankee

I haven't even tried my M1009 yet. I was going to bypass the whole SF-97 and just use the invoice from the auction. I plan on calling the main office in Little Rock before I do just to make sure plus I wanted to get the info so I can post it up on here for any other Arkansas folks.

ARYankee

I had just a bill of sale on the 818 and the 813 with no problems.
I know this thread is old but I ran across it while doing some Spring cleaning of my subscriptions so I figured I would add something that I just recently experienced pertaining to this.

I tried that about a month ago with my 923 and I was told that just a bill of sale wouldn't work. I called bs on the folks at my revenue office and called the main office in Little Rock. Come to find out the local folks were right for once, I guess. I was told you could use the bill of sale but you needed 2. The bill of sale for the vehicle and a bill of sale for a major component replaced on the vehicle. Supposedly it is a new law that changed at the beginning of the year. This is another reason why some of us got together and are working with our legislators to work out some MV friendly laws.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks