• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF97 ?

spentshell

I finally got the euc accepted ,but not approved yet and have been reading as much as i can on the forum. So now its time to figure out the sf97 , when I searched the forum and started reading I begin to get a certain type of sinking feeling about the sf97. The posts that I have read date back to 2006. My questions are has anything changed regarding the sf97, can I inspect the truck before my approval,and is it true parts can be taken off the truck before i can recover it . Any comments about titling in NY would also help ?
The truck is in Mechanicsville PA at DRMO

I want the dang truck already, this torture

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
The SF97 threads back in 2006 do not apply anymore. Read the terms of service on GL that you probably just ignored. It talks all about obtaining the SF97 from GL. I am sure you can inspect it before the EUC is approved. Just call up the Mechanicsville site and say you want to visit to check out your purchase in order to plan your shipping needs ahead of getting your invoice. You should have inspected it prior to winning it though as you don't have a clue what you bought unless you inspect. Parts are not supposed to removed, and I have never had a problem with it. I am sure it happens though.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SF97 isnt hard. Fork over $60 to GL, get the form filled out and signed by a law enforcement official, and it comes in the mail in a few weeks.. Pretty easy actually...
Your supposed to inspect the truck PRIOR to bidding.. Once you win it, it's pretty much yours, unless there is a MAJOR MAJOR problem. Like it said truck runs, and its really missing an engine...

It's true that some parts thievery goes on, but not a huge problem. Best thing to do it bring a copy of the auction pictures with you to prove that the truck had a canvas or sideboards or whatever.. Weather it helps your case is kinda up to the GL rep at the site. I picked up my truck with no missing parts, and even the BII still in the toolbox.

Titling in NY is easy with the SF-97, I just got mine on the road. One hint, if your goona just use it for tooling arround in, get the GVW at 17,999 # so you can get a "normal" inspection, because after 18,000 #, you need a heavy truck inspection.

Your biggest problem is gonna be how your getting it home... Drive it, truck it or?????? I lowboyed mine on a buddy's semi for the cost of fuel and food. :)

acetomatoco

5 new transfer cases and a Hummer Hardtop in crates in the back? you never know.. of course, could be three drums of HazMat...too Looks like a fine deuce. Save the bumper markings for history...Could be from any one of a number of NG or AR outfits in the Northeast.

CGarbee

emmado22 said:
SF97 isnt hard. Fork over $60 to GL, get the form filled out and signed by a law enforcement official, and it comes in the mail in a few weeks..
Just a minor point of correction: The form that you fill out for GL in order to obtain an SF97 DOES NOT have to be signed by a Law Enforcement Official, you can sign it yourself...

To quote from the form on GL's website:
"To comply with GL’s Terms and Conditions, I am attaching information required to complete a SF97, which I have either personally verified by inspection or had inspection completed by others, of each lot. Please remember that if the information given to GL is incorrect, the MVD will not accept your documents." Emphasis is mine...

Also note the that they will NOT process a request for a SF97 until the property is removed from the lot (although you could inspect and fill out the form ahead of time, they won't accept it...).

To quote from the form on GL's website:
"YOU MUST REMOVE THE VEHICLE FROM THE SITE BEFORE SUBMITTING THE SF97 REQUEST. REQUESTS SUBMITTED PRIOR TO REMOVAL OF VEHICLE WILL NOT BE PROCESSED." The "all caps" are direct from the form...

This is all direct from the form on the GL site that you use to request an SF97 and is found at:
http://www.govliquidation.com/forms/Request_for_SF97_Form.pdf

Minor points on one hand, but it keeps you from having to schedule a LEO appointment or from having to resubmit the paperwork... :)

FormerNewMVGuy

Here in new jersey they sent me an actual title, they do that for a couple of states, not sure if new york is one of them, when i sent my request form in i filled out myself and signed it myself,60 days later i recieved a florida title, made it real easy to transfer the title and register!

jasonjc

I did the same thing. Filled out the form and sent it to them. And they still got it wrong. They put the wrong VIN on it but I did not find this out untill after I had taken it to the DMV and got a plate. Now I have to wait for the title and then get the state police to inspect the truck and do a vin change. So the point is to double check the paper work..