• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

shackles for my m1008

STRAGLER

hello,
trying to find shackles for my m1008? Bought it in cali,. gov. liquidations. i live in nc, so you can imagine the transport cost!!! showed shackles on truck but was gone when delivered. Can someone tell me where and what size would accomindate. The extending bar is a little over 1 and 1/2 wide. this is the width through the hole that they would need to be. I know I could read more and find but am now caring for my father-inlaw that is a WW11 vet. Just need a point in right direction. Can find on e-bay, but doesnt give me a clear discription of what i need. would thank you for your time.

90Jimmy

hello,
trying to find shackles for my m1008? Bought it in cali,. gov. liquidations. i live in nc, so you can imagine the transport cost!!! showed shackles on truck but was gone when delivered. Can someone tell me where and what size would accomindate. The extending bar is a little over 1 and 1/2 wide. this is the width through the hole that they would need to be. I know I could read more and find but am now caring for my father-inlaw that is a WW11 vet. Just need a point in right direction. Can find on e-bay, but doesnt give me a clear discription of what i need. would thank you for your time.
Put this in Parts Wanted. You'll have better luck finding them. I think they are specific to CUCV makes them like gold...

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
They're not 7/8", they're 1". Many civilian 1" shackles won't fit (too narrow for the mount) so your best bet is to post a want ad like 90jimmy said. Someone here will have an extra set.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shackles off the back of a 5 tonner should work as well. I've not seen a commercial substitute.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
hello,
trying to find shackles for my m1008? ~ Can someone tell me where and what size would accomindate. ~
caring for my father-inlaw that is a WW11 vet. Just need a point in right direction. ~ clear discription of what i need. would thank you for your time.
Take care of Dad
Here is description?
IMG_9945.jpg
IMG_9944.jpgIMG_9946.jpgIMG_9947.jpgIMG_9948.jpgshackle-12301040.jpg

Sometimes I miss the real question so maybe this is what is sought?

Last edited:

90Jimmy

43390FF2-D29D-41A8-8B3D-A9BFD8433AD2.jpg0D678F89-E959-45B2-9F72-3D2CFFE5D90E.jpgThe shackle pictured above might work but it’s not the correct CUCV part. I do notice the dozen or so I have that the head of shackle pin is stamped with an M.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks