• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shackles on outside of airlift bumper don´t line up

AAVP7

I wanted to add shackles to the outside of my airlift bumper, but to my surprise, no matter how I position the shackle, the holes won´t line up:

The bumper is original issue; it came from a cut Humvee, and I had to sandblast and repaint it. The shackles are Part No. 12342354, just like the TM says.

Any error on my part ? Or do I have to grind the welded stop down until the shackle fits ? Is this common, or just bad luck on my part ?

Action

I wanted to add shackles to the outside of my airlift bumper, but to my surprise, no matter how I position the shackle, the holes won´t line up:

The bumper is original issue; it came from a cut Humvee, and I had to sandblast and repaint it. The shackles are Part No. 12342354, just like the TM says.

Any error on my part ? Or do I have to grind the welded stop down until the shackle fits ? Is this common, or just bad luck on my part ?

Why does the stop look like it is on backwards?
From memory on that bumper, the shackle would be angled slightly up if you swung it all the way out. That can happen with your stop in that position.

AAVP7

Why does the stop look like it is on backwards?
From memory on that bumper, the shackle would be angled slightly up if you swung it all the way out. That can happen with your stop in that position.
I just checked a few pictures of Humvees in service, and all stops looked at least mostly similiar to mine. The thicker part of the stop to the outside.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are early loops out there for a M151 jeep....they are thinner.

HUNvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At first glance, it seems that if you try it the other way around, it can work. On the other side, the wall looks thinner. And then it could be folded horizontally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks