• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

shaking at 50mph

jimmcld

$80 sounds like a lot of money, but, if you don't even have a socket or an air compressor, it might be money well spent. I suggest that you read some of the old threads on changing tires and see if you really think you should be trying it at some apartment complex. By the way, those split rims have killed a lot of people who didn't have the proper equipment.

JDToumanian

I run 50 in the front and 35 in the back.......... I gradually lowered the pressure until I hit 35 and found the truck rides great and tires seem to be wearing evenly.
I did the same experiment. With 50 in my brand new rear tires, they caused a lot of vibration. At 35 they're smooth as glass. I run 60 in my fronts....

whyme

$80 sounds like a lot of money, but, if you don't even have a socket or an air compressor, it might be money well spent. I suggest that you read some of the old threads on changing tires and see if you really think you should be trying it at some apartment complex. By the way, those split rims have killed a lot of people who didn't have the proper equipment.

trust me, i have no intention on breaking the rim down. my complaint simply lies in the fact that its $40 just to remove it from the truck. my air tools are at my dads, im able to do things the old fashion way lol, he is not. i figure im better investing that $40 into a socket than a one time wheel change.

my apartment isn't a complex, share a house, all the room i need to work safely.

RANDYDIRT

Umm, that would be a 13/16" socket you need. Or get you a combo "Budd" wheel socket. It has both the 13/16" square and the 1 1/2" hex socket built together.... Very handy.

Dirt

dittle

If you're going to get sockets get one 13/16" impact budd socket and one 1-1/2" 6-sided impact socket. I have a budd socket like Randydirt is describing and the square part is shallow enough that it will not get the square budd nut off, just rounds the corners on the very top of the budd nut.. Better safe than sorry.

Varyag

I run 50 in the rears and 60 up front. Seems to be the best combo for me.

I had a nasty vibration on mine right about 50 when I got my truck. Seems GL forklifted it with the drive line. Bastar.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks