• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shark in tow

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, since I bought a CUCV, I need to get me one of those books! Any competent Standyne injection shop will have them. At least Ian knew that he could punch it out in a pinch. I should start rounding up all my core pumps and see what I have for spares.

lavarok

Man, since I bought a CUCV, I need to get me one of those books!
Kenny - I think the TMs were based off the book, so personally I don't think it is needed. Here are the pages which show the pump breakdown and related parts listing. These are from the 34P for the CUCV. Part 33 is the check valve.

Attachments

jrou111

That check valve is a fairly common part for most diesel shops. My 7.3 idi uses a Stanadyne DB2 which is very similar and my diesel shop had one in stock.

lavarok

Turns out the check valve in the return line on the top of the IP was bad.
I removed the check valve and tried cleaning it. No luck. I ended up punching the glass out of the center, reinstalled, and she fired right up. Its been running since...almost 2 hours now.

Now to find a source for new check valves! Here are some photos of the part and its location. These photos are from my parts engine since the photos were taken after I fixed the M1010.

As an update to this thread, I'd like to point out that if your check valve is clogging then there is a good chance the seals in your injection pump are going bad. It was only a few days after I installed the "cleared" check valve that my injection pump started to leak. I ended up having the injection pump replaced by Accurate Diesel in Orlando.

Low miles does not mean all the parts are ok! My M1010 had under 5000 original miles when I picked it up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks