• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

She Didnt Blow But I'm Pushing my Luck

My CUCV m1008 has been having issues with low oil pressure. Engine is a gov rebuild sometime in the last 20k miles. The low oil pressure is leading to periodic lifter issues and infrequent noises from a passenger side rear valve. Cold pressure at idle, oil about 55 degrees, is 12 psi with a mechanical guage I installed. At 55 down the road not long after startup I get 22 psi. Once its warmed up at 55 im getting 18psi and just a tick over 1psi at idle. So i hink I have oil pressure issues... well knowing this and the possibility of getting stranded I had to drive home 900 miles from college last week. She ran flawlessly at 22 psi the whole way getting 15mpg.
Of course I want to salvage what I can and try to restore pressure to normal range. I would thing the bearings are fine judging by how clean the heads and valves are and the low mileage. So I ordered a new oil pump and screen and spent too long trying to drop the pan. got every bolt out and even jacked up one side of the motor mounts so i could get the pan out but I could not, even after 2 hrs, get the pan to seperate from the block.... the seal that was used is very stiff and strong so im asking for suggestions here usually I can tap it with a hammer and a puddy knife to get a pan loose but not this guy.
Also wondering if i could be having an issue with my oil pressure relief system? not sure how I could check the valve or which one under the filter it is. Thanks for the help, comments on my stupidity, or thoughts on what I should do. Thanks.

My CUCV m1008 has been having issues with low oil pressure. Engine is a gov rebuild sometime in the last 20k miles. The low oil pressure is leading to periodic lifter issues and infrequent noises from a passenger side rear valve. Cold pressure at idle, oil about 55 degrees, is 12 psi with a mechanical guage I installed. At 55 down the road not long after startup I get 22 psi. Once its warmed up at 55 im getting 18psi and just a tick over 1psi at idle. So i hink I have oil pressure issues... well knowing this and the possibility of getting stranded I had to drive home 900 miles from college last week. She ran flawlessly at 22 psi the whole way getting 15mpg.
Of course I want to salvage what I can and try to restore pressure to normal range. I would thing the bearings are fine judging by how clean the heads and valves are and the low mileage. So I ordered a new oil pump and screen and spent too long trying to drop the pan. got every bolt out and even jacked up one side of the motor mounts so i could get the pan out but I could not, even after 2 hrs, get the pan to seperate from the block.... the seal that was used is very stiff and strong so im asking for suggestions here usually I can tap it with a hammer and a puddy knife to get a pan loose but not this guy.
Also wondering if i could be having an issue with my oil pressure relief system? not sure how I could check the valve or which one under the filter it is. Thanks for the help, comments on my stupidity, or thoughts on what I should do. Thanks.