• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

She is a leaky one

SSG ALBANESE

One reason for trying to rid myself of all leaks is to get a contract with CalFire. They are the forest firefighters. I can run supplies and firefighters as support and get paid for it. The inspection process requires that the engine have no visible leaks. If I can make it not leak for at least fire season I can role in some good money. Understanding this maybe the duece is not the best option lol. Thanks for the advice guys. I will post pictures once I get into the project.

OverSizeHeavyHauler

whoops.....Prell shampoo.....on a Carbon Black train derailment, soap just doesnt get it...Prell is the only thing to getcha clean....Carbon Black will give ya a black tipped turd.....Try scrubbing Prell into the driveway with a deck brush...

SSG ALBANESE

whoops.....Prell shampoo.....on a Carbon Black train derailment, soap just doesnt get it...Prell is the only thing to getcha clean....Carbon Black will give ya a black tipped turd.....Try scrubbing Prell into the driveway with a deck brush...

Ahhh now I get it. Cool I will try this. maybe I can attach the bottle to my pressure washer for the engine ; ) jk

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Steven, Good tip thanks.

The leak is really around the heads. the pipe and valve covers is not so bad. The heads will be a project. I dont want a leak when I am headed out to my camp sight this deer season. Once I hit the dirt I am 6x6 low range for over 80 percent of the trip. Thank god last year I had enough house to fix every single low pressure fuel line (all the clear lines)

Speaking of that does anyone have the napa part number for those fuel lines?
Anybody have source for the "plastic" fuel hose? Please help. The actual nomenclature; a source to procure it from? Did you find the source for the plastic fuel lines? I need to replace all from the fuel pump outlet to secondary filters all the way back to the hydraulic head overflow and the FDC inlet. The TM 9-2320-361-20P section ll fiqure 17 says tubing, made from tubing P/N TD2.57420 with a part number and with an SMR code and a CAGEC number. Basically indecipherable to me.
So far I have not found where to by the "plastic" hose. It has all been cut and jury riggerd and leaks.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One reason for trying to rid myself of all leaks is to get a contract with CalFire. They are the forest firefighters. I can run supplies and firefighters as support and get paid for it. The inspection process requires that the engine have no visible leaks. If I can make it not leak for at least fire season I can role in some good money. Understanding this maybe the duece is not the best option lol. Thanks for the advice guys. I will post pictures once I get into the project.
For supplies, a deuce would be good. For personnel, I don't think current standards would permit it, no seatbelts, no ROPS. Now I'm not familiar with the wildfire side of firefighting, but from what I know from the structural side, I can't see them permitting it. Rollovers are a common source of LODD's and injuries.

SSG ALBANESE

Anybody have source for the "plastic" fuel hose? Please help. The actual nomenclature; a source to procure it from? Did you find the source for the plastic fuel lines? I need to replace all from the fuel pump outlet to secondary filters all the way back to the hydraulic head overflow and the FDC inlet. The TM 9-2320-361-20P section ll fiqure 17 says tubing, made from tubing P/N TD2.57420 with a part number and with an SMR code and a CAGEC number. Basically indecipherable to me.
So far I have not found where to by the "plastic" hose. It has all been cut and jury riggerd and leaks.

These lines are actually common. Take a low pressure line off from two injectors. Bring the couplings with the line attached. Take it to napa or something to that nature, they can match the hose to the coupling. Buy enough feet to do your job and extra to keep in the truck for field repairs. Make sure its rated for fuel. It will mostlikly not be clear line anymore.

SSG ALBANESE

For supplies, a deuce would be good. For personnel, I don't think current standards would permit it, no seatbelts, no ROPS. Now I'm not familiar with the wildfire side of firefighting, but from what I know from the structural side, I can't see them permitting it. Rollovers are a common source of LODD's and injuries.

I am aware of the seatbelt issue but that was secondary to getting the inspection of the engine done first. The area of California I am in the Calfire trucks are about as big as the deuce. Rollover is not a stopping factor from my research and also "national guard support" in the forest fires.

Now as for structural you are right I could not get a contract such as this. Wildfire yes. I personally have friends that do it but most of them cut fire breaks and roads for the trucks. Lucky dogs make enough for the summer to take the rest of the year off haha.

Last edited:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone find a good solution for removing stains from the driveway? I have used pressure washer w/cold water and w/hot water, gunk engine degresser, and purple... california really restricts what we are allowed to use. Maybe a bigger pressure washer.
Sand blaster. I think that is what they use to take graffiti off bridge concrete.

deathrowdave

May not sound like it could happen but you may want to check the intake (fuel ) heater for leaking through thinning out motor oil causing leaks

barefootin

Anyone find a good solution for removing stains from the driveway? I have used pressure washer w/cold water and w/hot water, gunk engine degresser, and purple... california really restricts what we are allowed to use. Maybe a bigger pressure washer.
Sorry, I went the other route.......
Between my wifes Land Rover that weeps oil out of the pores in the aluminium block, the little Brittish cars, HD, Chevy K with 320K miles on it, and the Deuce mine is all stains and no driveway:).
On a serious note... I've had luck with Castrol Super Clean concentrate and concentrated Simple Green for cutting the grease to a point it can at least be re-coated.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
They are called sometimes diapers.
but these things work
they float and will NOT absorb water
They only absorb distallates
goto google and find Vallen

VL-PMW100

I are sure there are many other manufactures
but if one puts this under the leak
then one has no mess to clean up
No ruined driveways

I can mail samples for the postage
incredible

SSG ALBANESE

They are called sometimes diapers.
but these things work
they float and will NOT absorb water
They only absorb distallates
goto google and find Vallen

VL-PMW100

I are sure there are many other manufactures
but if one puts this under the leak
then one has no mess to clean up
No ruined driveways

I can mail samples for the postage
incredible
Thank you. I know what you are talking about. I used them for fuel and oil spills when I worked on a flight line as a texaco fuel boy. I am thinking of buying a large metal pan. Filling it with Kitty litter and keeping it under my trucks when not in use. The flat pan should catch it all lol.

Seth_O

I use kitty litter on my driveway to get spills (the oil spill stuff from Sams works great too, exact same stuff but a fraction of the cost.) Put it on, let it sit for a few days, grind it in with your foot until it powders and let it sit another couple of days. I have pulled every drop out of sealed concrete this way and most of the oil out of exposed aggregate. Time consuming, but very effective.