• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

She Made It Home

Slammerdown

Well,everyone I got the truck home without any trouble,I still do have some of my hearing left,the stereo does help with the boardness of long winded drives and you can actually hear it but the tranny and transfercase whines still drill holes in your head.394 miles back to Ga.I left at 2:30 ,Pensacola time ,rolled to the house at 12:30 Sunday morning.The truck ran great all the way not a whimper but alot of whines,LOL.Man that was a ride but it was an adventure.I got my first introduction to the M35 driving experience right in the midddle of down town Pensacola,yeap,the wife wanted me to meet her over at Toys R US after me and the seller got done with business,sure thing honey!Navigating through 5 lanes of traffic in the middle of the day in down town Pensacola was nothing.Yeah Right!Anyway I made it but I have to say that these trucks are out of their comfort zone in this sort of enviornment or it could be me.Will have some good pics. to share soon to keep ya posted on all the improvements.

stumps

I drove my deuce home from Wisconsin to Maryland, about 1100 miles. It was an adrenaline charged thrill from the moment I sat in the truck until I got home. I liked the trip so much that I am giving serious consideration to taking her back for a vacation trip.... except that that trip would be 2200 miles round trip... I probably better keep thinking on that one.

You really must get yourself some hearing protection. That deuce whine will wipe out your ears PDQ. For real!

-Chuck

Capt.Marion

Glad you made it home safely. A muffler helps a lot. Trust me, you can still hear it, but it doesn't do permanent damage. As for driving in urban areas: PLAN AHEAD.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hope we all get to see it in October at the Ga Rally! :grin:

stumps

Glad you made it home safely. A muffler helps a lot. Trust me, you can still hear it, but it doesn't do permanent damage. As for driving in urban areas: PLAN AHEAD.
I think that before I trusted a deuce muffler to protect my hearing, I would put a sound meter in the cab and see how loud it really is. Your ears are self adapting to loud sounds (just like your nose gets used to lingering odors), and are not a good judge of how loud is too loud. I would bet that even with a perfect muffler, the sound levels in the deuce are well into the permanent hearing damage range.

-Chuck

Slammerdown

Well thanks for all the replies,it did come with a set of ear protection but I let my 9 yr.old wear them my hearing went the way of the .50 cal. back in the good ole Marine Corps days.So now begins the transformation.

Slammerdown

Anyone out there got a stock driver's seat or the passenger seat they wanna trade for a springer?I will be taking the console out to if anyone wants it for a trade.