• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shelter Prototype??

joediveguy

Maybe someone here can help me identify these shelters.....

I Just savedthese from the crusher…..Not sure what they are but they appear to be either civilian versions of the Military shelters, or a prototype of the S-250’s. They are all fiberglass with foam core andnot tin or aluminum.

The storyfrom the owner is that they were surplused out of Quantico about 30 yearsago. She had about 20 of them on herriver lot and used them for camping and storage of camping supplies. The big one looks very similar to theS-250. It is 96”L X 72”W and the base is96”L X 48”W. It has a pitched roof,unlike the S-250’s. The interior hasstorage closets and tables all made out of fiberglass. Both are wired with lights and electrical sockets.

The Smallerone is 72.5”L X 72” wide and has a over the cab section that makes the length103”. Almost looks like an ambulanceinsert. It has a pitched roof also. The interior has storage closets tables and storagein the over the cab section, all made out of fiberglass. This one has an old air conditioner that issaid to work, although, I have not tested it.

I could findno military markings on them and no data plate so I am thinking they may havebeen civilian models, pressed into service. Does anyone have any idea what these are or what they may have been usedfor?

Attachments

txmytx_catahoula

I've never been inside one, however these "shelters" sure look like the x-ray trucks they use in the oilfield to quality check pipe welds and such. I have done some x-ray/radiograph developing and I think I see some developing tanks in the back ground.

joediveguy

I was told that they were used for some sort of XRay / Scanner equipment on base. Yes, there is a big tank in the front of each one with racks in the tank and four, or more, drains in the bottom. I'll see about getting mote interior pic's.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks