• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shelter question

captianworkbench

First off, I was not exactly sure where to post this, so if I am in the wrong category please pardon the error.

I have begun to look at shelters that will fit a regular truck bed. I have "inherited" an F-250 with a long bed but have eventual plans to acquire a CUCV.

I am becoming familiar with the different shelters and it seems the S-250 would be the most common and easy to find.

In searching threads I have heard mention of the S-280 in regards to pickups, but from what I have read the S-280 is basically a box... kind of like a 20ft container... and is designed to sit in the bed of a deuce. Is this correct or have I read something incorrect?

Secondly, I was looking on gov liquidation at different shelters, and saw some that were obviously S-250 shelters. There were also some that looked like S-250 shelters (from all I know) but the listing said that the exterior length was 110 inches instead of 86 inches. Is this just a different version or a different unit all together?

The longer shelter seemed interesting because with the long bed on my current truck the 110" would offer more room if I were to use it as a camper.

Thoughts, comments, arguments????

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yes, the s280 is meant for a deuce or 5ton bed, it will not be compatible with a pickup.

There is a miriad of different shelters and sizes. I believe the longer ones are made for the hmmwvs.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The S-250 will be your best bet.
Will work on the Ford and will drop right in a CUCV M1028.

Seems like no two shelters are configured the same.
Lots of great camper build threads in here with the S-250.

Good luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks