• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

shift indicator mystery part

PAm1009

Hello all the other day i shifted my M1009 out of park to drive the needle didnt move to D then i shifted back to P and this little plastic piece dropped out from under the colum i dont know what it is and where it goes. hopefully my photo upload is succesful. Thanks much
kyle

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a broken piece of the instrument cluster. JB Weld may work or a replacement cluster housing.

You would be better off to try and glue it back.... as the instrument cluster for these trucks will be hard pressed to find... as you will have to swap out the entire cluster, you will have to reuse the ribbon cable on back of cluster to ensure the GEN lights will continue to work, etc....

Skinny

Or just use process of elimination. If you cannot move forward, you are in neutral. If you cannot go above 40mph, you are in two position. Easy Peasy[thumbzup]

iacucv

Rock auto has the assembly. They have two options looks like the cable connector is the difference. One is 18 and the other 30 dollars. Find it under the body interior tab then auto trans shift indicator. I do believe I will go this way eventually when I get some more important things off my list!

TGP (IL)

I have fixed a few with the bolt also.
It is best to find some sort of sleeve over the bolt threads to save the small cable.
The screw threads will break it fairly quickly.
Small piece of plastic pipe works great.
Tom