• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

shift pattern?

Ford Mechanic

i was wondering what shift pattern ya'll normally used when driving ?
for examble do you only use high range if your unloaded driving around town?
or do you start in low shift 1-5 then shift to high and go 4-5? it seems in the manual that you could do it this way, i was just unsure if anyone actually did or if you had problems from doing it this way?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let's start with proper usage of your shift key!

Deucenut

When unloaded I use high range and gears 1-5. I've tried starting in second but it is a bit hard on the clutch so I don't do it unless I am on a good down hill, and I mean a GOOD down hill.

turbovr6jetta

I dont like 1st. I actually go 3rd low, rev her up a bit and right into 3rd high. Its a bit of a lug but not really that bad. If Im on a hill I run 2nd low into 2nd high. It "flows" way better than 1st to 2nd in my truck.

barefootin

Like others have said, Hi 1-5 unless really loaded. I have enough "down hill" intersections near me that I can actually start in second most of the time. I hold back from the intersection a few feet and watch the opposing signal light, I release the brake and she'll roll forward fast enough that clutch slipping isn't nessesary. I always let up on the brake after stopped. If I roll, she goes in 2nd. If she doesn't, I take off in 1st.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks