• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

shift pionts

1983cucv

What are the shift pionts (rpm) of the th400 in the 09'? Also, what is the stall speed on the TC?

Thanks.

Westech

CPL
well shift point will change with load and engine rpm. under regular driving the 09 should be in to 3rd gear by 30-35 mph. stall speed for a 6.2 should be around 900-1000 rpm. 1st at 10-15, 2ed at 20-25, 3rd at 30-35. if you want to change the shift points B&M makes a adjustible modulator for around 30 bucks.

acetomatoco

It delays or speeds up the vacuum actuation of the modulator...most tranny troubles in the M1009 series can be traced to the vacuum pump and the adjustment on the Injection pump which allows vacuum to get to the modulator... ACE

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The vacuum valve on the injection pump is the main control of shift points. Rotate the top of it toward the front of the truck to increase shift RPM and rearward to lower it. Be sure to check the vacuum lines for leaks as well.

The adjustable modulator from B&M replaces the stock modulator on the side of the tranny and allows a few mph adjustment of the shift points too.

1983cucv

The reason I ask is I'm going to swap in a gas engine (250 L6) and want to use the th400 for it. The 6.2 has 240lbs of torque @ 2000rpm and the L6 has 235lbs @ 1400rpm. I'm hoping I the power bands are close enough not to change shift points. I may hit the junkyard and look for a gas 1ton with the th400 and take the module out to use on mine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks