• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shifting issue

firecontrol86

So here's the deal, every time I floor the gas pedal it stays in first and won't shift. doesn't matter if I'm moving or a dead stop. If I drive normal it shifts great. just replaced the modulator and lines a couple months ago, and don't think its the pump because it shifts fine normally. Any ideas, thinks to check?

raiburn

When you floor it, you are sort-of in the kick down circuit. It should shift at most 35-40 if you are on the street. If you are at a dead stop, and it has a big load on it, (like you are stuck in the mud) you don't want it to shift into 2nd! Describe your symptoms more please.

firecontrol86

It's happened multiple times, it happened Fri for example. Pulled out the gate to my base floored it get around some tourists that were blocking me in, got up to at least 35/40 mph and still no shift. On the street, no load, barely uphill. It happens if I'm cruising in 3rd and floor it to downshift too, it just won't shift back up.

velociT

Check the usual things, but also check the fuel filter.

I had a gasser chevy van that would hang in first real bad.

New fuel filter, problem solved.

I'm having similar shifting problems own my/wife's truck 85 CUCV stretch (suburban) everything I wanted and comprise for wife/kids. Is there a TM for CUCV in the forum some where or can someone part with one.

Last edited:

firecontrol86

Check the usual things, but also check the fuel filter.
I'll check that out, It has a date on it for Jul 09, but who knows if that's really when it was replaced.

All the TM's are in the CUCV faq section, the important ones are the -020 and -034 for most applications. I've already looked through the troubleshooting sections on this issue, but I was hoping there was something I missed

raiburn

Firecontrol, The kickdown soleniod inside the tranny pan was stuck on mine. I just replaced it, now it shifts great. It sounds like yours is sticking some. Disconnect that single wire on the drivers side of the tranny, and give it a test drive. Joe.

firecontrol86

Firecontrol, The kickdown soleniod inside the tranny pan was stuck on mine. I just replaced it, now it shifts great. It sounds like yours is sticking some. Disconnect that single wire on the drivers side of the tranny, and give it a test drive. Joe.
I'll check that out, if I disconnect it basically it should shift no matter what right? Because the kickdown circuit shouldn't make it downshift?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks