• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shifting problems

RobDuece

I have two 1986 m35 a2's One of mine the drop side is sticking in gear kinda. It acts like the trans is stuck will not move forward and will not move back wards. You can monkey with it and finally by putting it in 4th it will free up and drive like normal. Any ideas what is up? I heavy wheel guy vet of mine said it is a known problem just to down shift and not go straight from a high gear to neutral. HELP?

rustystud

Sounds like an old style transfer-case acting up, but you say it's a 1986 right ? You might have a problem with the shifting forks or levers. Take the top cover off and make sure all is well there. No slop in the levers or yokes. No worn out shifter rails, that sort of thing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks