• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

shims on xdoors

ohiohmmwv

I was wondering if those of you with xdoors could share what shims you have in the doors to make them close properly. Mine have 1/16" shims on exterior side of door hinges (see pic)
IMG_4598.jpg

And an 1/8" shim inside beside door latch plus another backer plate somewhere between 1/16" and 1/8"(see pic). I can only get my doors closed with a single click of the latch, not fully closed, with double click. I measured the difference of the latch fully closed and single clicked closed and it's about 1/8", so I'm thinking another 1/8" of shims in the latch should get it close enough to the door striker to fully close. Hope this makes sense. Strikers appear to be pushed to the exterior side as much as possible already.
IMG_4599.jpg

DainGerous

Add another lock shim or two. Some (minor) adjustment on hard door strike possible. If you use a bunch the door lever will probably bind at the door bracket because it's pushed out so far. NSN 5365011979383 P/N 5584299 .SPACER,PLATE

Gear Report

I only had to put one spacer behind the lock mechanism. No spacers on the outside. That was with the truck in 2 man config. Just converted to 4-man and the front doors still latch fine. Just got the door hinges via UPS about an hour ago... so hoping the rear doors latch fine also.
Hard_doors_X-Doors (8).jpgHard_doors_X-Doors (9).jpg

ohiohmmwv

Can you post a pic of your door striker? Would like to see how far it sticks out. My door seals are in great shape. Maybe that makes a difference in how much they compress.

Action

My doors are fairly new with no crushing of gaskets and close nice and tight (2 clicks) with 2-man soft top. No leaks, but it is easier to open with a little pressure pushing the door in. no extra shims either.

ohiohmmwv

I ended up testing by just putting an extra thick larger washer in to mimic another spacer plate and it closes perfectly now. Guess I'll order some back plates and I'll be fine.

Gear Report

Can you post a pic of your door striker? Would like to see how far it sticks out. My door seals are in great shape. Maybe that makes a difference in how much they compress.
Picture before adding the spacer plate behind the latch...
Hard_doors_X-Doors (3).jpgHard_doors_X-Doors (4).jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks