• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shipping a Deuce

Ajax MD

Has anyone here purchased a truck that wasn't quite safe to drive home, and shipped it?

Who did you use? What might it cost?
I'm looking at an M35A2 that runs and drives but I don't necessarily trust the brakes to drive it home to Annapolis from PA.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
About 2.00 to 2.20 a mile depending on distance. Anything under 200miles a local tow company or hotshot may just charge by the hour from the shop to truck to your location

fpchief

Has anyone here purchased a truck that wasn't quite safe to drive home, and shipped it?

Who did you use? What might it cost?
I'm looking at an M35A2 that runs and drives but I don't necessarily trust the brakes to drive it home to Annapolis from PA.
Simp nailed it. I hauled one the other day and it paid $2.75 but it was a M109 and I had to let the air out of tires for height concerns. They are an easy load and if you need a hauler PM me. It won't be me but I can get you a hauler and bypass any broker BS.

Kip

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ajax MD

Simp nailed it. I hauled one the other day and it paid $2.75 but it was a M109 and I had to let the air out of tires for height concerns. They are an easy load and if you need a hauler PM me. It won't be me but I can get you a hauler and bypass any broker BS.

Kip

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Excellent. I'm not going to ship one cross country, but within 100 miles is doable for me. I appreciate your offer of assistance.

F18hornetM

Ive had 3 trucks hauled to just out side Ocean City Md, M813 from Ft Meade and a M931 from Aberdeen and a M543 from Up state New Jersey almost New York. All at $100 an hour. Most expensive one was the M543 at $1000. All ran Just didn't feel good about driving that far. I've went over them all now and fixed up and still don't want to drive one from upstate New Jersey. LOL

Last edited:

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had my 64 M35A2 picked up & delivered to me, I listed on the site: www.veritread.com for free & people who haul/transport for a living post quotes. After a few were posted I picked one, paid a contact fee & when the truck was delivered I paid the balance.

Ajax MD

Ive had 3 trucks hauled to just out side Ocean City Md, M813 from Ft Meade and a M931 from Aberdeen and a M543 from Up state New Jersey almost New York. All at $100 an hour. Most expensive one was the M543 at $1000. All ran Just didn't feel good about driving that far. I've went over them all now and fixed up and still don't want to drive one from upstate New Jersey. LOL
Whether $100/hr or $2.25/mile, it works out about the same. I'm looking at around 75 miles. I noticed that Eastern Surplus & Equipt. received several positive comments from forum members. I saw a few trucks in their inventory that interested me.

I don't think I love any of these trucks enough to ship one across the country. :)

fasttruck

To figure the job the trucker needs to know if it does or does not run and if it must be loaded or unloaded from the ground. Guys with step deck trailers and no ramps will need a dock at each end of the trip. If it is a van they need to know how high to figure bridge clearances.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks