• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

shipping costs for 5 ton

drjconley

What is the approximate cost for shipping a 5 ton 350 miles? What company would be recommended to use in california? Would a flatbed or lowboy be able to transport two 5 tons, how about one 5 ton and one 2.5 ton? I understand that two dueces would be ok. Are there any problems with not being able to get to the g.l. site to help with the loading and paperwork. How hard would it be to find someone that is going to barstow or pendleton to look over a truck? I bought my first mv about 4 months ago and I have myself convinced I need more. I am haveing a little harder time explaining that to the wife, but if she gives me the ok I might be getting another one in the next year.
jim

zb39

I am not sure about 2, 5 tons at once. I asked about a 5 ton wrecker and 2.5 at the same time and was told no. Wrecker was 34k pounds...was told a low boy at $2.45 a mile was needed..I didn;t bid on the wrecker. Got 2 dueces instead. $1.80 a mile for both:-D

GoHot229

A possability is to go online to 'uship.com' and it's all fairly easy to navigate through, and likly several competing sources of transport will appear in short order, from which you can choose. As far as checking the outfits you'v bought or are buying, I'd do another 'thread' with a more precice wording in either Duces, 5 tons and up, or Conversations, with a title more like "So. Call Member needed" or some such wording to explore finding a SS member to do this for you. The likelyhood of finding someone is in your favor here on the forum, since you'v been a member for a while.

Last edited:

drjconley

Thanks for the offer Aaron Horrocks. My uncle is in the market for a deuce and I would like another 5 ton. My wife wont let me get it right now, and I was haveing a hard time finding reasonably priced trucks in the central valley (California). My next thought was to get two trucks off of gl in so cal and have them both shipped on one semi truck. I will let you know if I end up winning anything down south.
jim

GoHot229

I am not sure about 2, 5 tons at once. I asked about a 5 ton wrecker and 2.5 at the same time and was told no. Wrecker was 34k pounds...was told a low boy at $2.45 a mile was needed..I didn;t bid on the wrecker. Got 2 dueces instead. $1.80 a mile for both:-D
That sounds pretty good, haek... for two....... sounds reasonable, the truckers in Cal. got to be pretty hungry about now coming out of winter and with the economy as it is out there, I'll admit $1.80 per sounds good, mabe a trucker here in the forum will tell you if its too high or too low, but offhand it'll be a 7- 8 hundered haul. A couple years ago I had a school bus hauled from Mesquite Neveda to Logan Utah for $800 and it was a non-runner to boot.that was about 450 or so miles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks