• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shipping HUMVEE on car carrier??...

IEHMMWV

I am about to ship my HMMWV across the US and wondering if anyone out there has done this before. The standard car carrier is the cheapest route at around 900 bucks, but i dont know if it will fit on the standard double decker car carrier...even though none of them seem to think that it will be an issue. I know it will fit on a flat bed, but that option is twice as expensive. Does anyone have a reputable and fair transporter that you can recommend? thanks for your help.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If they can ship a civilan hummer, there shouldn't be a problem. I've seen several H1 hummers on a car haulers. I believe they are the same width as the military version.

maynard83

Shouldn't be a problem. Worst case they will put it on the top tier of the car carrier if it has one. $900.00 is a great price. Just make sure the company is properly insured and licensed.

TedG

M998 w/ow
Length: 15 feet (4.57 meters)
Width: 7.08 feet (2.16 meters)
Weight: 5,200 pounds (2359 kilograms)
Height: 6.00 feet (1.83 meters) reducible to 4.5 feet (1.37 meters)

I just had two moved on a moving parking lot and they put them on the top deck without any problems.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks