• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

shipping of humvee info please.

blackyeti

Please help as I know you guys have moved humvees in the past.

Did you pay a shipper or did you pick them up yourself?

I have a new Ford f350 with 6.7 diesel so towing is not an issue if I can find a trailer.

Thanks blackyeti:tigger:

Victorkilo31

Im trying to get mine shipped too. Shipping should be pretty easy in the lower 48 though. Trucked can drive straight there. Try uship.com. I've gotten a few quotes through them already

blackyeti

Thanks guys ....

My issue is with the width of the humvee vs a regular trailer for a car.

Can the average car trailer handle the width of the humvee?

I will try uship and see what it says.

Thanks

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
People have moved them with a uhaul trailer. Apparently it fits. Apparently also uhaul won't rent to you if you tell them what it's for.

I've got a 20+5' flatbed gooseneck. Depending on the when and where we may work something out that's a good deal for both of us.

blackyeti

People have moved them with a uhaul trailer. Apparently it fits. Apparently also uhaul won't rent to you if you tell them what it's for.

I've got a 20+5' flatbed gooseneck. Depending on the when and where we may work something out that's a good deal for both of us.
OK g98 good info

I like the u haul option if I can do that.

Any special size trailer I should ask for?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, It will fit in a uhaul. Uhaul has 3 models. You want a silver trailer with drop down fender not the orange models. Will be tight across the fender with tires. Let some air out. Front tie down chains will work. Rear tire straps will not. Bring your own chains or large ratchet straps for rear. Plenty of attachment points on trailer.

You have to tell U haul you are towing a 85 CJ jeep with mud tires ( that is my story and I am sticking to it....). Ask specifically for silver trailer. Newest ones in their fleet. They will not rent for a hummer H1 or humvee. Empty weighs m998 about 5200 lbs. It is within spec of trailer of 5290. Cool thing is their trailer has surge brakes. Might be handier in your neck of the woods more than my below sea level flat land for those hill things :)

Sintorion

Those uhaul pictures scare me. I would hate to have a problem while pulling one of those. I am sure you can do it, but if something goes wrong, it could end up being expensive. I found a trailer retailer near me that rented trailers. I got rented this one http://bigtextrailers.com/10dm-pro-series-diamond-back-car-hauler/ I had to squeeze between the fenders, but it worked fine. With a 10K lbs GVWR and 2.5k of trailer weight, it gives you 7500 lbs capacity. I pulled mine in the flats of Fla about 200 miles with a Ram 2500 with no issues.

If you don't want to pull it yourself, you can look at shipping companies, but be warned that is a sleazy business full of liars and cheats. I would try to find a local hotshot if possible depending on how far you are going.

blackyeti

Thanks sarge and col. All good info as I would rather get it myself so I know it's done right.
I hear you with the sleeze factor.
My brother bought a 6 wheel Polaris in michigan new. Went on u ship got bids and hired a guy. 2 months later after lots of getting passed off he got his machine delivered to pa.
I hope to avoid the same thing if I can.

blackyeti

I live not far from Colorado Springs in the mountains near divide so a trip to rent a trailer in colorado Springs would be fine.

blackyeti

Sin....how wide did the trailer deck have to be to fit the humvee between the fenders.... if I read it correctly the humvee is 96 inches outside tire to outside tire.
Thanks in advance.

Action

Sin....how wide did the trailer deck have to be to fit the humvee between the fenders.... if I read it correctly the humvee is 96 inches outside tire to outside tire.
Thanks in advance.
Isn't 96" equal to 8'? That isn't correct. The HMMWV body is only 84".

jeffy777

I had it picked up with a tow truck once and another time just with a trailer. You should have no problems. How far away is it? You will need one 83" or more wide. A large amount of trailers are just 83" between wheel fenders. My buddy said we need a construction equipment trailer. The deck of that is above the wheels and is like 100" wide. So we did that and it was perfect.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks