• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shipping parts to other countries

ClockworkSkin

I listed an old starter for my CUCV on EBay. I got a bid in the first hour or so. Upon looking into it, the guy is from Italy. Is there any type of restriction preventing me from sending this internationally? I searched the forum and couldn't find anything, and when I use Google I'm afraid I'm in over my head. If anyone can put this into simple speak for me, I'd really appreciate it.

papercu

Unless the starter itself was a B or Q type property, you could sell it.
But Italy is one of the high risk countries in regards to shipping. I have shipped there with no problems though.
One thing you might want to check is the shipping cost and the time it takes to get there. If taking paypal you would need tracking to show proof of delivery and the buyer could file if the item is not there in 45 days.
It would be a good idea to let your buyer know, there might be custom charges and duty for them to pay on top the shipping. Wayne

ctmustang

Don't do it. He can pick that starter up somewhere else. Don't take the chance. Help preserve our beloved hobby. There are those in gov. that are looking for a reason to pull the plug on us.
Just my thoughts.
C.T>

ETHOS

itar rules, you do not ship outside of the us any prior mil stuff, period, end of story, the feds are looking for people doing the same thing, and they do not play nice

JohnFire

No offence guys but I kinda have to laugh. The starters are no specialized piece of govt equipment. The 24v starter I am about to list for sale was bought at AutoZone. I bought my M1009 in Germany from DRMO/DRMS back in 99 when they still conducted the auctions themselves and I never had to sign an EUC. I was one of the only Americans at the auction. Most of the other buyers were from Poland, Ukraine, Czechoslovakia, Germany Belgium etc. Parts are harder for the people overseas to get since their parts stores don't carry a lot of American vehicle parts especially older ones. Plus prices are higher on most of that stuff.

Like Wayne said, tracking is the issue when you are shipping stuff overseas. Our good ole USPS has lost many of my things over the years when I was overseas.

It is up to you what to do.

randyscycle

When you list anything MV related on Egay, just set the auction for US sales only.

I've pretty much done that with everything I sell there anymore, MV or not, just to avoid any potential shipping, customs and duty hassles.

Oh and if you want to, you can also cancel the bid from the Italian bidder and block him from bidding again. Not very nice, but it can eliminate a potential problem down the line.

3dubs

If you can buy it in another country then do it. You can also buy a HMMWV in other countries but not this one. You signed a paper that can and will be used against you. The 24v starter is available for RV's. So why would some guy in Italy want to buy one here and pay that much shipping? I found in my other hobby of old VW's when you need a part you may have to look all over the world. But I will never deal with selling to Italy. Because I know of two people who did and then the complaints started. They both were told the customer did not get a package even though the shipping company said it was delivered to the address provided. They wanted there money back. The bottom line was a bunch of stuff that looked bad on their ebay account. This is a starter that is not hard to get. It is a set up either way. There may be some nice people in Italy but they can find someone else to go through for their parts.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with all those who say "don't do it". It's not worth the headache(s). You sell it for $150 + the hike, and as ETHOS referred to the Feds, could take you years to dig yourself out of a mess. Almost sounds like a set up too. This guy Mario, or Luigi, (no offense to my fellow Dagos) or whatever his name is, can just waltz down to the corner automotive electric shop and order an aftermarket.

Ken_86gt

If your customer has an APO he is likely in the Army or a US civilian. APO addresses are sent through the US mail. Therefore you could get shipping confirmation or anything else the US Post Office offers. This is still a different country though. I don't know if this would violate the EUC. I wouldn't try it. You can buy the starter from other internet sites as a rebuilt and they should be able to send to an APO....